3. Suspicion

Oddly enough, when it came to spending time with Zayn, I didn't feel like I had to act like Perrie to get along with him. We talked and got along great; however, I felt like more of his friend than his girlfriend. He barely held my hand, and hasn't even tried to kiss me at all.

                "Are you kidding me?" I huffed in my British tinted accent.

                Zayn started laughing: "Best of three?"

                He was trying to be a gentleman, but I wouldn't buy it. Glaring up at him, I stood up from our game of cards and crossed my arms like a child because he had beat me at my own game. Apparently Perrie had never been good at cards, so it was no sudden change or surprise when Zayn, the card wizard, beat me. But this was my game.

                I picked up all the cards, silently accepting his offer and began to shuffle the deck for the third time. I was determined to win my favorite card game, no matter how bad Perrie was supposed to be at it. I began splitting the deck and dealt us both the appropriate amount of cards.

                "Nah, nah, honey I'm good; I could have another but I probably should not... I got somebody at home, and if I leave..." My ringtone began playing.

                My eyes widened as I fumbled around for my phone before seeing my dad's name pop up on the screen, and I quickly clicked 'ignore'. When I looked up, Zayn was looking at my phone with his brow knitted together, and he reached out to take it and examine it. He started at the black blackberry before looking up at me, confusion written in his eyes.

                "When did you get this?" He questioned. "It looks old."

                I took it back and said coolly, "It's my friends. I took her phone by accident because she left it in my purse the other day."

                He nodded slowly, "Oh, okay."

                We slowly got back on track before we were lounging on the couch and it was getting kind of dark out. My 'boyfriends' arm was around the back of the couch, but not touching my shoulders. I was underneath a blanket, which I had jokingly draped over him as well. We were watching the television, but I was barely paying attention.

                Thoughts were running through my head again about how I was going to pull this off. Especially since Zayn and I were already getting along so well – or well, that's what it felt like for me – and I've only been with him for around an hour. I wondered if real Perrie made him as happy as he seemed around me or not, because so far, it didn't seem like they are very affectionate together.

                Around dinner time, Zayn got up and pulled me up as well so we could go to the kitchen and scavenge for some food. While I was sitting on the counter in front of the fridge, Zayn was looking through and asking me what I wanted to eat. To be honest, any food was good food... except some sea food, and Fritos. But I came to the conclusion that they didn't have them in the UK.

                "Can we just go out to eat?" I asked him.

                He glanced at me over his shoulder, "We're going to Harry and Lou's pad in a few, remember?"

                Harry. Louis. The rest of One Direction – Niall and Liam, too. I smiled and nodded, making  a face as if I suddenly remembered the activities we had planned out for today, but inside my heart started beating a bit quicker. Zayn looked at me and sent me a sweet smile before focusing on the fridge again.