19. I Love You

When nighttime came, I almost felt like backing out. All the guys had expected that, though, and told me about how much better I will feel when I'm hugging Zayn again and he's telling me that he forgives me. I was wearing my favorite floral pencil skirt and a flowy grey crop top over it paired with vintage gladiators that laced up.

            My hair was in its' natural waves and I hadn't gone overboard with make-up – I just tried to look like Lela, and only Lela. This is how I dressed, how I looked. I was going to show Zayn Malik that tonight. The boys had set up a limo to pick me up and bring me to the concert ten minutes before it started.

            When I was in my seat – front and center, like the boys had told me – I was almost too nervous to stand. So much was racing through my mind that I couldn't keep control over. What if Zayn rejects me? What if he messes up on stage because he's so shocked to see me? What if I ruin the concert single-handedly?

            The lights shut off instantly, and the screaming level arose. I felt my heart beat quickening as I gulped, looking up to the stage as music started to play and a spot light hit Liam.

            "It feels like we've been livin' in fast forward, another moment passing by – up all night – the party's ending but it's now or never, nobody's going home tonight." He sang perfectly.

            Next, Harry: "Katy Perry's on replay, she's on replay. DJ's got the floor to shake, the floor to shake. People going all the way, yeah all the way, I'm still wide awake."

            And then boom, all the boys on stage to sing the chorus. Niall noticed my first, winking at me with a large grin as he discreetly glanced over at Zayn, who had yet to notice me. He was too busy dancing and walking around to the left side of the stage and teasing the crowd. I was glad though, and looked around to see if there was any chance of escaping.

            None.

            When the boys had gotten through three songs, I was almost wobbling in place from nervousness. Zayn was bouncing back and forth between parts of the stage, finally giving attention to the center when they were almost down the fourth song. I looked like a deer in the headlights when he finally looked at me.

            I held my breath. One, two, three, four, five... Finally, when I was able to move and blink, he blinked back at me, but quickly continued on with his performance. I let my breath go, happy that he hadn't messed up or stopped altogether. I didn't really know what to do other than ignore the girls who had noticed our stare and glare at me with envy.

            The guys exchanged glances. When they finished the fifth song, they took a break and sat down in stools in front of the stage, deciding to slow the pace up a little bit. I was still standing there, squished between a thousand other girls that loved them just as much as I did – except in different ways, I guess.

            I couldn't take it when Zayn looked over at me again, and finally – even though I was front and center and needed to push through ten other directioners – got out of my seat with my bag clutched in my hand and walked out to the best of my ability, considering it was fairly hard.

            "Wait," I heard, and I froze.

            It had been from on stage.

            My heart started beating as I slowly turned around to the stage to see Zayn standing up, addressing the crowd. "I almost forgot! You all know who's birthday is coming up, right?"