(Pt 2) Escape

I'm so confused :( I honestly didn't plan on this ending so now I'm not really sure how to wrap it up or when certain events should happen, if they should even happen... I don't know, my brain is kind of a mess. This chapter wasn't supposed to end here but I knew I would probably never post it if I kept on adding to it so here ya go. I have more chapters coming but I'm not really sure when. Hopefully I'm able to finish it before break though :)

I was well aware of the secret bunker that Anthony had built beneath the Five Star Hotel. It was where Dante brought Skyla after he found out how psychotic Nicola really was. Silvio had hid down there too while Anthony, Enzo and Matteo worked on solving the problem and covering up the mess. That's where his downfall began. Rather than dealing with his own problems, Silvio remained holed up in his friend's bunker and didn't step out of the shadows until Nicola was surrounded. That's when he finally built up the courage to show his face, pull out his gun and lodge a bullet in his enemy's head.

He tried taking all of the credit but everyone knew the truth. They all knew he was nothing but a coward. A coward who his own son had no respect for... It was tragic, really.

Dante pulled up to the back of the hotel and parked the car before he picked up his phone and made a call. The majority of their conversation was in Italian but I could hear Anthony's voice on the other end. The last thing I wanted was to see that son of a bitch. If it weren't for him, Enzo would have never found out that I had slept with Lucas. Besides, if he was so willing to rat me out, why would he suddenly want to help me?

"He's not gonna help." I said after Dante hung up the phone. "None of this would have happened if it weren't for him opening his big mouth. He's not gonna help."

"He was the one who told Enzo about Lucas?"

"Yes."

"Well at this point he doesn't have much of a choice. I mean, the cops are after you and if they get you, they get us all. It'll be easier to fix what you did than it would be if he had to save all our asses."

We sat in silence until The Rat walked over to our car with two body gaurds only a couple of feet behind him. "Out!" He banged on my window with his fist. "Let's go!"

Dante and I stepped out of the car and followed him down to the basement which looked very similar to Silvio's safe room. It was nothing but a musty, windowless, concreate apartment. "What the hell happened tonight?" He asked the second his body gaurds locked the deadbolt behind us. "For God Sake, get the girl something to wear, she's covered in blood. Don't sit on my furniture like that." Anthony looked at me in disgust.

Dante rolled his eyes. "Are you going to help?"

"Depends. What have the two of you gotten yourselves into?"

"Enzo is dead." Dante stated. "And not from–"

"The accident in Italy? Yes I know, I've talked to him since then. The last time we spoke he said he was coming home to reclaim what's his."

"You talked to him?" He told Anthony that he was alive while he let me believe he was dead. The Rat! He told The Rat!

"Don't look so surprised, Evelyn. Your husband paid me a good deal of money to keep him informed. I told him about Matteo, how he seemed to be too comfortable taking over the Granucci fortune. That's why he came back when he did." The bastard narrowed his eyes at me as he asked, "Are you sure that this isn't just another one of his schemes?"

"I watched Matteo shoot him in the head, so yes Anthony, I'm sure that this isn't just another one of his schemes."

"Matteo?" The look of disbelief on his face could be seen from a mile away. "I didn't think he had it in him. He loved Enzo like a son, he stood by him for, God, how many years has it been?"