Chapter Seven

*Kris’ P.O.V*

Her lips were so close to mine…I could just lean down and kiss them. I looked up into her eyes to see that she was staring at me. I wanted to kiss her but I figured that she might be uncomfortable so I just raised myself up off of her and helped her up.

“ Uh…Sorry about that…again”

“It’s okay, I’ve gotten used to it. It’s not my fault your clumsy.” She smirked at me. Wow...

“Um, Kris…you’re drooling.”

Crap.

Of course I have to do that. Drooling like a baby in front of the girl I like. Way to go Kris. So much for being smooth.

I looked over and saw the man still on the ground but now there was a huge pool of blood staining the dirt.

“What happened? I thought we just wanted to knock him out?! What did you do? Did you kill him?”

“…Yes.”

“What?! Why?!”

“I went through his pockets to at least see who he was and I found his ID card and it said he worked for the army and he’s an assassin and spy. They probably set him up there to try to catch us when our guard is down. And you know what? There’s probably more just like him all over just waiting for us. We need to be on our guard. We were just lucky today that we caught him off guard. If there are more like him, I doubt that they’ll be able to take down very easily.”

I stared at her. Why must this happen to me of all people. I fell in love with a girl who is beautiful, smart and can fight. Dear Lord why must you punish me so?

“Kris?”

“Yeah?”

“Aren’t you going to add anything?”

“Oh y-yeah. We should get out here as soon as possible. I don’t think it would be best if we’re caught here if anyone were to come here.” I looked around to see if there was anything that we can use to get away when I saw the sunlight shining off something metallic behind the convenience store. I walked around to the back and saw that it was a car. It was probably bugged with cameras and stuff but I can easily disable those. I searched the car for anything suspicious and then I called Lilly over.

“Hey come here! We can use to get to Incheon faster and we can use it as a place to sleep as well…it looks comfortable enough.”

“Kris! You’re a genius!” she yelled hugging me.

I froze.

She hugged me.

She really hugged me.

I could die right now and have no regrets.  

When she let go I was still in a daze.

“Okay! Let’s go then! I’m going to get some extra cans of gas. I’m so excited I can kiss you!”

“Well then kiss me then.” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“Umm….”

I leaned forward and kissed her sweetly on the lips.

To Be Continued…