Prologue

'War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing.' Those are the words of Edwin Starr. There's nothing worse than war; with all the fighting and the killing. The worst part of it has got to be the innocent victims of war. All the people who are just trying to continue living their lives while the world falls apart in turmoil around them.

My heart goes out to all the children...there's no one more innocent in this world than children. Some of them are ruthlessly killed by barbaric men intoxicated with the thrill of killing. But do you know what's even worse? The children that have their parents taken away from them. They are forced to fend for themselves in a cold, harsh world...just like my sister...just like me...

When I was younger, I was so happy that I was an only child- I didn't have to share my parents' love with anyone. However, my parents seemed to think that one wasn't enough. You can imagine how devastated I was when I found out that my family would be growing by-not one-but two. While my mother was pregnant, I stayed in my room all the time and I sulked for months. When they had the baby shower, I snuck downstairs and hid in the shadows scorning every single person there with their stupid laughter and endless presents. As I hid, I prayed to God to smite them for well...I'm still working on it.

During the winter of 1999, I was awoken by a screech so...so blood-curdling that I swore that I could've felt the pain of the person. I immediately got out of bed and ran into my parents' room and I saw my mother writhing on the bed, pain written all over her scrunched up face with a pool of blood staining the pristine white covers. I remember my father telling me that my mother's water broke and that my little sister and brother were going to be welcomed into the world...but was there supposed to be so much blood? Was there even supposed to be blood at all?

The trip to the hospital was nothing but a blur to me. However, I remember waiting with my father in the hospital's waiting area, hearing nothing but screams and curses from my mother. As she screamed I felt her pain and I swore that I would hate my new siblings forever if she died.

After 4 hours, a nurse came out and told us that we were allowed into the room now but u didn't hear anything she said...my eyes were fixed on the blood on her hands. My father had to nudge me into the room because I was frozen stiff with fear for my precious mother.

When my mother called out to me I let go of a breath I didn't even know I was holding. There she was on the bed alive-she looked completely drained-but she was alive nonetheless. I may hate them but I wanted to see if they at least looked cute so I went over to the cot beside her bed to look at my new siblings, but I only saw one baby.

"Where's the other one?"

My mother's smile dropped and her eyes suddenly became glazed over and distant and another nurse looked at my father and I with nothing but sympathy in her eyes.

It turns out that my little brother didn't make it, that's the reason why there was so much blood earlier. At the moment, I realized the value of life. My little brother never even got to take his first proper breath. I didn't want to accept the fact that I would never get to see him grow. I turned and looked into the other cot at the beautiful little baby girl just sleeping away. From that moment on I forgot all hatred towards my siblings and vowed to forever protect my new little sister: Jessica Kim.

*I also have this story up on AFF http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/820322/recruited-angst-drama-exoau

The poster was nade by ◣ACHROMATIC Graphic Shop◥ On AFF

Check them out, they make awesome posters

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/712058/achromatic-graphic-shop-open-taking-requests-graphics-request-you-exo-postershop-graphicshop-bts