Epilogue✨

Janet P.O.V.

I held Toni's hand, staring at the apartment before me with two dead bodies inside of it. The stars were glowing down on us, it was so romantic. I looked over at my beautiful wife, smiling for the first time all night. Together we had weathered the storm, but now we were ready to make hell rain down.

Toni: Are you ready for this baby?

Janet: Hell yeah. Let's light this bitch up.

We walked hand in hand right through the front door. She had the match and lighter in her hand, and I had the gasoline in mine. It made me laugh seeing Tamar and Robyn covered in blood. Toni was laughing hysterically as well. I shook the can of gasoline, taking the top off. I doused some on their bodies and I went around drowning every inch of the apartment in gasoline. When I was done, I found Toni just staring at Tamar's lifeless body with tears in her eyes. I cupped her face in my hands, making her look into my eyes.

Janet: Baby, it's all over now. We're exactly where we should be and she's exactly where she should be.

Toni: I know. Let's burn this motherfucker to the ground.

Janet: You don't know how sexy you sounded saying that.

She chuckled, kissing me deeply. She lit the match and held it to the curtains, setting them ablaze. The fire began to spread. As we were about to walk out, she stopped to stare at Tamar's body once again.

Janet: Tone, baby we have to go. We have to go now!

She finally snapped out of her trance. I grabbed her hand and we ran out just as the entire apartment went up in flames. We watched it explode and blow to pieces with lust for each other in our eyes. We heard sirens in the background, but we couldn't tear our eyes away from the beautiful sight. It was so mesmerizing. She squeezed my hand and I looked at her, falling harder in love with her the longer I stared at her. Flashing red and blue lights reflected in her eyes.

Toni: Forever?

Janet: Forever.

She wrapped her arms around me and I put my hands on her face. Our lips crashed together as there was an explosion in the background. Together, we will write the next chapter of our lives. We held each other's hands, running off into the woods in the opposite direction of the sirens and flashing lights. We were lovers on the run.

Unfortunately, this book has come to end just as all good things must. Thank you all so much for the constant support of this novel. I hope you all enjoyed reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it for you. Happy New Year's Eve🎆🍻🍸! Please take my books into 2020 with you! Since this book was such a success, I will be dropping another Joni book!