New Year's Last Hour Drabble

Rules of the Challenge
When the clock hits 11 PM, you start on the drabble. Doesn't matter what time zone you're in, you have to begin it. You will only have one hour to write the drabble - once the clock hits midnight, your work is done whether you like it or not. Tag a friend as well so they can continue the challenge!
Topase, I'm counting on you to pass it along. Don't fail me now!

Last hour, huh? Well, I suppose that we should start this up!

The new year was approaching fast. Everyone was busy. This was the last hour they had of 2019. They had to make this count! It was all coming together now - everything. All of it, from the entire year, was now putting itself together like a giant jigsaw puzzle. But it couldn't be done alone. This was a big job.

Chirri and Junii collected memories, precious memories; a scrapbook, an art piece, maybe a small white lie here and there. It was the five adventurers who worked on plans. Fireworks went off in the background, loud explosions that stressed the urgency of this last hour, as well as the Spicy Bomb Rush Blush track that played on loop in the background.

It was pretty much chaos by now. Everyone was trying to get everything ready. Callie and Marie, trying and failing to keep everything in order. Seyunne and her many sisters lit the way, orbs of ghostly flame. Rikki carved into stone a symbol for this past year.

VK had changed again in this year. She'd become a different person. But once midnight hit, 2019 VK would be no more. What made this all so exciting? This was the turn of a decade. VK had lived for a decade now. A full decade. Time seemed to pass so fast now. Radiance wished it wouldn't.

Nothing was working to keep the chaos down, so Callie and Marie just gave up and trudged back to where they hid in this labyrinth of a home. The Arisati were constantly delivering packages all over, even more so during this chaos. A huge boom sounded nearby, a firework. It was getting more chaotic.

The music got louder as the chaos intensified. It was a sort of organized chaos though. VK had built dungeons that turned to castles, oceans that turned to deserts. VK was the one who had the power. She could destroy anything at any point. But in this New Year chaos, she didn't feel like destroying anything.

Soon enough, VK would forget those short-lived moments of craziness and happiness. Last Hour was her favorite event. It was, really, the only holiday that she'd stay up all night for. She wanted to see 2019 through to its end.

VK lived by the notion that everything was worth living, even if it disappeared so fast. So many things had gone by this year. It had started off with this same occasion. Her mother's birthday came next. Valentine's Day. Mardi Gras. Her own birthday. Easter. Then there was a time of quiet. And then came the end of elementary school. Louisiana summer. The Fourth of July. Sixth grade eventually started up. Then came Labor Day. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. And now it was time to leave that all behind.

VK had made new friends, shared blissful hugs, found moments of peace. And she had forever trusted that it would come together someday. She was... alive. Alive.

And who exactly is VK, anyways? Well, I can tell you this: she's the one who wrote this book. And it's not over.