6

Two and a half weeks of staying at the small town, Finn and Lily were lucky enough to be granted a place to stay by one of the elders of the Adventist church

Two and a half weeks of staying at the small town, Finn and Lily were lucky enough to be granted a place to stay by one of the elders of the Adventist church. He was intrigued by Finn’s strength in faith as he preached in the second Sabbath, in the afternoon on prophesy. The cabin offered to them was nearer to the church than the motel they were staying in. God was still looking out for them, taking care of them in ways they both couldn’t fathom.

It was a beautiful Wednesday morning when Lily decided to make a short trip to the market to buy some fruits. She’d already made breakfast for her husband and had left him in the living room, gulfing down the scrambled eggs, slices of brown bread with butter and a glass of pineapple juice. With the cabin offered to them, came a few hens and a snow-white cock that stayed in the backyard. Blessings in deed.

In one of the market stalls stood a kind lady selling fruits; mangoes, red apples and bananas in particular. They looked fresh, straight out of the farm and into the market.

“Good morning ma’am.”  The woman gingerly greeted Lily.

“Morning.” She smiled as she pondered on what to buy. A little girl with a blond haired Barbie doll appeared from behind the strawberry blond haired woman. She’d worn a black dungaree with a peach, long-sleeved cotton top and had had her hair braided into a crown.

“I’d like, four mangoes, two red apples and five bananas please.” Lily requested. The woman went right into assembling the items and put them in a bag which was re-checked by the little girl. With curious filled eyes, the little girl asked Lily whether she was from town. “I’m from a faraway town full of sunflowers and cute shepherd dogs.” She gently answered her earning a big toothless smile.

As she walked on the drab, inglorious street to the rest of the stalls selling different items, Lily overheard a man and woman talking about the Sunday law.

“I think it will be better once the governor enforces it here. The environment will be cleaner, the streets will be quiet and there would be peace. “The man said. Lily weighed a lettuce in hand as she kept on listening.

“Maybe you’re right. But we sure will suffer a loss with the market being closed every Sunday.” The woman sighed. Lily moved to the stall next to them that had spices.

“Think of it as God’s will. That He wants us to fully meditate on His word and worship Him every Sunday. This will strengthen our faith, Mira.” He told the woman.

“Actually… not really.” Lily butted in.

“Excuse me?” Mira asked.

“God wouldn’t want you to worship Him, or fellowship only on Sundays. He’d like us doing all those every single day.” Lily calmly stated.

“I don’t usually have time. Sunday would be perfect.” The man dismissed her.

“Yes, but, the pope specifically said that we should rest on Sabbath. That we should not do any businesses then.” Mira stated.