And the World Keeps Turning

(Allistor's POV, 5 months later)

And the world keeps turning.

Allistor had just been informed that Arthur's old ship had been found. He sat on the edge of Willsboro's small, private dock. The naval base was decently large and took up most of the coast, but this little private area had been set aside for the sole purpose of not bothering military operations.

What should he do? Did he want to dredge up the past? He felt like that was a bad idea. Everyone was just getting ready to move on. Arthur's crew and [Y/n]'s crew had joined up and made one large crew, and together, they were a vigilante force dedicated to wiping out the rest of piracy. And it had worked. Pirate attacks were scarce, and their large networks, once sprawled across the globe, went underground, hopefully never to be heard from again.

Well, not everyone actually.

Gilbert had returned home to Willsboro to continue chasing after Elizaveta. He ended up in the hospital every now and then, but Allistor guessed that if he kept going back, Gilbert didn't mind. Elizaveta was sure getting used to it by now.

Speaking of Gilbert, he and Ludwig found out they were distantly related. Not quite brothers. That would've been a crazy coincidence. But definitely related. Gilbert hadn't stopped torturing Ludwig since. Allistor snickered to himself. It was certainly a funny sight. Ludwig finally applied for American citizenship and, upon gaining it, wasted no time in joining the navy and getting Gilbert off his back.

That didn't completely stop him though. No wonder Ludwig dreaded leave so much.

Kiku, suddenly finding himself in the position of captain, left for a little bit to brush up on some captaining knowledge and eventually returned to head up the team of pirate-hunting vigilantes. Ivan, his sister, Toris, all of those people followed Kiku. It was nice to see both crews come together under a shared purpose.

Allistor pursed his lips.

Alfred. He had taken it hardest out of all of them. Poor boy nearly fell into drinking, but Allistor reminded him of whose coat Alfred wore. He mourned, of course, and he was probably still mourning, but he returned to his home. Not as the scared boy he had probably been when he left, but as an experienced American naval officer, ready to offer his services in an alliance with his family.

Who just so happened to be the royal family of England, go figure.

Well, it certainly explained Arthur's prissiness. But no wonder Alfred felt so alone, wandering the halls of a freaking castle alone. Allistor would've run away too.

Allistor frequently worried about Alfred. Sure, he wasn't a drunkard living off of table scraps, but he had lost some of his pep. It was kind of sad to see him now. Not quite the depressed wreck he had been immediately after... that, but not quite the same boy he had been before.

Allistor sighed. Then again, they had to give him a little bit more time to recover. He had physically lost a friend in [F/n], lost her emotionally, gained her, and then lost her again, permanently. Not only that, he probably felt some unfinished business between him and Arthur. Hating him his entire life and then reuniting with him only to be ripped away from him again? The boy went through more things in his nineteen years of life than most people do in a lifetime.

And Allistor? Well, he decided he didn't want to see a ship ever again. So he settled down in Willsboro as well. It was quiet, but it was nice. [F/n]'s father was generous enough to give him a place to stay and help him find employment, and in return, Allistor helped around the house. He found that he had a hidden talent for housework, and, moreover, he enjoyed it.