Chapter 18- I Do Adore

Yeah hi, welcome to the next chapter! I'm back in school and the writers block is slowly approaching, so I must act fast. Also, this is sort of a song fic.

The song is: "I Do Adore"
By: Mindy Gledhill

(Italic Underline : Lyrics)

"Hey, Gallade! Wait up!" Y/N said as she ran behind her partner who was dashing ahead of her. The two partners were out exploring the Wild Area after  their win against the three young trainers. The Dragon Tamer and Unbeatable Champion had some things to attend to, so there's that. And since the young trainers are partaking in the gym challenge, they're on their way to Stow-and-Side.

Gallade and Y/N stopped at a clearing in the Dappled Grove. There was a lot of space in between the two berry trees, and the two decided to stop to rest for awhile. "We should take a break from exploring. A nap would do." Y/N stated, earning a nod of agreement from Gallade. Y/N and Gallade sat down on the grass, and leaned on a log behind them.

"Only Watchtower Ruins left to explore, then we would have explored the entire Wild Area." Y/N said as her and her Gallade started slowly drifting off into sleep. 'Gal Gallade Gal.' Gallade said as he put his head on Y/N's shoulder. "You want me to sing now? Alright." Y/N said laughing to herself. She sat there for awhile before thinking of a good song to sing.
Y/N took in a deep breath, before calming down and singing.

(Play now!)

"Everything you do it sends me, higher than the moon. "

Y/N started off. Before she could move on to the next few lyrics, she heard her partner's quiet snores, telling her than Gallade was now asleep.

"With every twinkle in your eye, you strike a match that lights my heart on fire."

As Y/N softly sang, she could feel herself slowly falling asleep as well. Eventually she slowly closed her eyes, and dozed off

When you're near I hide my blushing face, and trip on my shoe laces.

Y/N then felt a hand lightly poke her shoulder, she opened her eyes and saw Raihan and Leon gazing into her eyes, with gentle smiles plastered on their faces

Grace just isn't my forte, but it brings me to my knees when you say:

"Hello, how are you, my darling, today?" Raihan asked as he helped both Y/N and Gallade up. His darling?

I fall into a pile on the floor, puppy love is hard to ignore.

Y/N was too flustered from Raihan's words, and she accidentally lost her balance. But luckily, two strong arns wrapped around her waist to catch her. "You're too damn cute, when every little thing you do, I do adore."  Raihan said with a toothy grin, earning a soul piercing glare from Leon.

We are different as can be.

"I noticed you're remarkably relaxed." Y/N said, turning to Leon, who sent her a questioning look. "And I'm overly uptight." She added, receiving a hearty laugh from the Galarian champion. "We balance out each other nicely." He replied, sending her some funny finger guns.

"You wear sandles in the snow." Raihan said to Leon, popping up in between him and Y/N, and wrapping an arm around both of them. "In mid July I still feel cold." He added. "Well, maybe you are a dragon after all." Leon said as the trio started walking as Gallade followed behind them. "We're opposites in every way."  Y/N muttered, barely audible.

But I can't resist it when you say:

"Hello, how are you, my darling, today?" Leon asked as he turned to Y/N with a concerned look.

I fall into a pile on the floor, puppy love is hard to ignore.

"Y/N, I may be concerned and all about all that you think, when every little thing you do, I do adore." . Leon and Raihan exchanged a few looks before stopping in the middle of the Dappled Grove. As swiftly as possible, they slid Y/N in between them and they both gave her a peck on each cheek.

Finding words I mutter. Tongue tied, twisted, foot in mouth. I start to stutter.

"H-h-heaven help me." Y/N stuttered, turning a deep shade of red, almost like a Tamato Berry. In the background, you could hear Gallade's boisterous laughter.

"Hello, how are you, my darling, today?" The two boys asked at the same time, making Y/N smile sheepishly.

I fall into a pile on the floor. Puppy love is hard to ignore.

"I'm doing juuust fine, when every little thing you do, I do adore." Y/N replied with a sly smile, as the red from her face slowly started disappearing.

Every little thing ba ba bap ba

"Every little thing you do, I do adore."  The three said at the same time to each other. They burst into a happy laughing fit together. And the three stayed in each other's arms as the two boys engulfed Y/N in a tight hug.

'Gal Gallade!' Gallade said as he nudged Y/N awake.
Y/N's eyes shot open, and she sat up in surprise.
"W-wait what happened?" The Kalosian champion asked as she rubbed her eyes. 'Gal Gal Gallade.' Gallade said as he patted his trainer's back softly. "I was humming a tune?" Y/N asked, earning a nod from Gallade.

The champion and her partner sat there for awhile as Y/N stayed lost in thought. "I swear it wasn't a dream. It felt so real." Y/N stated. Gallade shook his head, a hint of disappointment obvious. 'Gal Gallade Gal?' Gallade asked tilting his head. "Well, my dream was about Raihan and Leon and I. We were basically chanting the lyrics to 'I do Adore', but we were talking." Y/N explained.

'Gal Gallade.' Gallade stated as he stood up to go get berries. Y/N sat silent and still in her place, before a smile appeared on her face. "Don't want to be catching feelings so soon now." She said to herself as she stood up to go gather berries of her own.

"But every little thing they do. I Do Adore. " Y/N mumbled as she walked over to the second berry tree, the memory of her recent dream playing in her head.

WEEEEEE! DONE! I hope you all enjoyed that short song fic! That song is truly one of my absolute favourites.

Also, I hope you all noticed the change of cover! It was made by @coldbuckwheatnoodles. Thanks so much💗

That's it for now! Signing off!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜