十 ↬ The Chūnin Exams - Part I

Today, it was officially the start of the Chūnin Exams. 

That morning, Mirai waited for Kei outside the latter's house, so they would go to the building where the first test was to take place together. 

When they finally got there, the hall was already crowded. 

"Whoah, looks like we're not the only teams to take this exam..." Mirai said.

"Yes... With the teams from the other villages, we're much more numerous than what we should be."

"Well, this won't be discouraging us," Mirai then said determinedly after taking a look at all the other genins.

A small smirk appeared at the corner of Kei's lips seeing how strongly unwavering her friend was.

"This won't for sure," she agreed.

They waited for a while in the overcrowded hall before the proctor finally arrived. Before he unlocked the door so everyone could enter, he stood still before it in order to have every genin's attention.

"Please, enter the room calmly. There is no need for any of you to rush in, you will have time to take your places."

With that being said, he opened the door and entered the room first.

Kei entered it right after Mirai did. The Sarutobi girl took a seat in the last but one row while Kei sat in the front of the room, but in the same row as Mirai.

"Please, be quiet!" the proctor demanded when everyone had finally sat down. "Here are the sheets for the first part of your exam. Please, pass them on to the rows behind you," he said as he began handing them out. "And don't take a look at them before I say you can start."

Some whispers could be heard throughout the room.

"I said no chatting!"

Once everyone finally had a sheet of paper, the proctor allowed them to start.

"Alright. You may turn you exam sheets over and start. You have one hour and a half," the man said solemnly.

By the time he said that, another adult had entered the room to help him watch over all the examinees.

Silence filled the room as the facial expressions of the different genins in the room were rather mixed.

Kei just skimmed through her sheet with a impassive expression before looking at it more closely.

There were some tricky questions, but nothing impossible to answer.

She was sure Mirai would have not much trouble answering them correctly as well. A small smirk appeared at the corner of her lips as she thought about the Sarutobi girl. She was sure her teammates could do it as well.

She had assumed the first part of the exam wouldn't be the most complicated one.

She took her pencil before she began looking at the first question in detail. 

She finished answering all the questions thirty minutes before the end of the exam. 

As no one was allowed to leave the room before the end, she waited in her seat, re-reading the questions and checking her answers until it was over since she had nothing better to do meanwhile.

Once she had given back her filled exam sheet she left the room. Mirai was already waiting for her in the hall.

"So? How did it go?" Mirai asked her with a warm smile.