5.

"Space didn't sound too boring after all."

5.

Getting people out of the bunker took all day and lasted well into the night. Even for not having as many people as they went in with, there was still many people left. I spent most of the day helping them up the rope as well as answering questions everyone seemed to have. The most frequent ones being, "where are we going to sleep?" and "who are those people?" To say the day was draining was an understatement and my headache that formed earlier was getting worse as I watched Octavia occasionally. How she walked, how she talked, how she was definitely not the same girl who went into that bunker six years ago. But who could be? Six years is a long time and heavy is the head that wears the crown. The way people were both terrified of her and in awe of her was alarming and off putting. Hundreds of people died in that bunker and she seemed to be the cause of it but hundreds more were still alive and she seemed to be the reason for that as well.

I wanted to know more about what happened in those six years, I knew I could go to Liza or Alex, or Jack but they had just gotten out. I didn't need to hound them with questions while they felt the sun and wind again for the first time in years. They were also busy helping people out and getting people situated in certain buildings. There wasn't much left but it would have to do until we could figure out what to do with the remaining piece of living land as well as what to do with Diyoza and her people. There was still a lot to be done and a lot to worry about but we needed to take it one step at a time.

"Octavia had Abby and Kane locked up. Apparently we got here just in time, Kane was fighting in the pits." Bellamy says as we walk back toward the main square of what was left of Polis having just finished helping people into different buildings for shelter for the night.

"...I just don't get it." I shake my head. I didn't get the reason for the pits or why Clarke's parents were locked up or why any of this was happening down there for years. My head was banging and I wanted answers but I knew I had to be patient and worry about the bigger problem we had.

"I don't either. I think... I don't think any of them want to talk about what has been happening. They all seem so...changed." I knew what he meant, not changed as in growth, but changed as in whatever the hell happened down there, it has scarred them. They did all seem weary, the looks they'd give Octavia and the looks they had given me and Bellamy today when we would talk to her like she was just a friend and not Bloodreina. Hell, even our friends seemed to be rattled regardless of their smiling faces today when we saw each other again. Although they did seem to hold more hostility towards Octavia, they didn't seem to tremble at her feet. I could just tell they were angry and I didn't know exactly why.

"Whatever happened they will tell us in time. Right now we have bigger fish to fry, what the hell are we going to do with Diyoza?" I start to put my hair up in a pony tail, the heat having made me sweaty. I was now in jeans and a black tank top, my jacket tied around my hips.

"I'm not sure. Right now we have the upperhand but we can't dangle her men in front of her forever. We have to sort out some agreement." Even saying it, we both knew an agreement would be extremely hard to draw up. Diyoza was not the type to compromise or share and we also had to think of Octavia because neither was she.

"But we also can't...risk...we can't afford the rest of her men coming down here. There's way too many of them and we'd have a war on our hands and it's not like all of our people are fighters. We'd be outnumbered." There was no way she was going to let up not having her people down here but it seemed like a no brainer that it was a very bad idea for them to come down.