15

Peppering kisses all over his lover's cheeks, he looked around the room. Ivan was still asleep. Letting out a sigh, he slipped his glasses into his shirt and snuck out of the room, grabbing his phone along the way and checking his messages.

'Call.'

Conner needed something? Hm. Normally it would be Noah.

It rang once before his brother picked up.

"Hello?" Conner asked. There was the sound of something heavy getting moved and a clank.

"Hey big bro, what ya need?" he asked in return as Conner let out an 'oh'. Did he seriously not know how to check caller ID?

"One of the big boys was very unhappy," Conner said, letting out a chuckle, "tried to start a fire out of the metalwork area."

"Tried but didn't succeed?"

"Ya, Arkansas caught 'em last minute and lassoed 'em," there was a shout from Conner, telling someone to do something, "Alameda and Awenita are doin' fire control."

"Fun," he sighed, trying to think of why. They only pulled stunts like this when he wasn't around, and they were pretty fucking defensive of him too, so surprise surprise they try to start a fire- again might I add, "anything else?"

"Alexandryn, Sapphira, and Fajra are in a tight spot. Apparently their cover might be blown."

"Make Fajra 'disappear', see how they react. Marco can get her out just fine. If they suspect her they'll suspect the other girls. I don't want their deaths. Adeena is trusting me with their lives, and I won't disappoint their own mother."

"Replacement?"

"No," Alfred said, keeping his eye on the shadows the door cast to make sure no one was being overly curious, "not now."

"We'll alert them, bye brother."

"Bye."

Letting out a grunt, he hung up, walking into the living room. Fifteen minutes went by.

'Master,' Hero said, running around his feet, 'Tony's here!'

"What?" he asked, looking down at the cat, "Where is he?"

"Outside, waiting for you," she said, "he said it's urgent, something to do with the lab!"

Oh god not the lab...

"Where exactly?"

"Tree,"

"Thanks," he muttered, rushing to the door, "make sure Ivan doesn't see him."

The cat nodded in confirmation.

Opening the door, he stepped out onto the grass, instantly regretting not wearing shoes. He didn't expect the amount of dew anywhere.

Walking towards the thickest tree, he looked up into the branches, trying to pinpoint where exactly the alien might be.

'Greetings,'

"Ah fuck!" he exclaimed, jumping into the trunk of the tree and smacking his head on a branch.

'It worked,'

"What worked?" he said, rubbing the back out his head and finally meeting his eyes. Red orbs stared back. Tony was hanging upside down spider-man style from a branch.

'V-672,'

"You chose that one to complete first? Are you fucking nuts?"

'Mostly healthy female,' Tony said smugly, ignoring Alfred's previous comment, 'estimated to die around two years.'