3

'Nononononono' Alfred thought. He could feel tears pricking at his eyes as he listened to it. All the countries harassing him, over, and over, and over. What hurt the most though, was when Russia started taunting him, stepping closer with each word until he grabbed him by the neck. All he could do was scream before--

Something was shaking him.

Cold sweat dripped from his forehead. He was panting, and his legs hurt. It was a dream.

He looked to his side to find Rulyn, looking at him with an unreadable expression. She checked his temperature before digging through her back for the stethoscope, checking his heartbeat quickly to make sure he didn't faint or something.

"Was I screaming again?" Alfred asked as she threw it back to his bag.

"Yes, and running," she replied, before going back into her bag and grabbing another chocolate bar, handing it to him. He took it without complaint and started eating it. "We still have four hours until we need to wake up, go back to sleep."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He woke up first. Looking around, he started packing their stuff back up before stealing the bathroom shampoo and throwing that into Ru's suitcase. By now it's been four days since he's been home, and he honestly missed his little monsters.

After about half an hour Rulyn woke up, brushed her hair out with her fingers, changed, and they got ready to leave.

"They said we have to be out by seven," Rulyn said, "what time is it now?"

"Six fifty," Alfred replied, swerving his suitcase as he left the room, key cards in his hand to return them. She followed behind him, footsteps muffled by the carpet that covered the entire hotel. The two dropped their key cards off by the tired looking brunette at the counter and left, packing their stuff up in the car and leaving.

"I might have to get gas a few times, fourteen hour drive is getting turned into seven," Rulyn sighed, gripping the wheel, "we get food at eleven."

"Okay," Alfred answered, an unwilling edge to his voice, "what are we eating?"

"Whatever we can find that's fast and not fast food," Ru confirmed, "I can't physically eat another burger or chicken nuggets."

"Agreed," the blond replied, looking to his companion out of the corner of his eye, "Are any of our accounts depleting?"

"All of them are getting taxed, and all of them are depleting," Rulyn grunted, grumbling out something obscene in Russian before continuing, "why can't we just get left alone? Jesus, it's like that time York got arrested. No, it wasn't drugs, it was actual sugar!"

"I mean, it was all in baggies," Alfred chuckled, "I can see where they got it."

"That's how you store sugar if you don't want ants!" Rulyn exclaimed, banging her head on the steering wheel before paying attention to the road again.

They drove out of town before Rulyn swerved off the road, taking a direct route and going almost 300 miles per hour. The two made casual discussion until it was time to pick up lunch, in which they drove into the nearest town and found a Japanese place, getting teriyaki before driving off once again, Rulyn still casually going straight instead of bothering with roads. The Jaguar had wheels that could withstand a volcano anyways, so it was fine.

By one thirty, they were in Ohio, heading to the southwest portion were the family house was.

At two, they were driving into the valley that he owned, the mountains that protected them from prying eyes and kept them safe surrounding him like they had for over two hundred years. The two drove through the trees before they cleared into fields. Grazing sheep stood out far over, multiple dogs running around, defending them and keeping them together.