2

His heels clicked on the floor as he fast-walked to the outside world, almost getting blinded by the Texas sun as he looked for her car.

The black Jag came up beside the curb, and Alfred instantly went to the backseat, strapping himself in before curling in on himself.

"You okay?" Rulyn asked from the front seat, looking at him through the mirror, green eyes seemingly emotionless as she studied him, eyes narrowing as they saw his messed up eye. Alfred could only bring himself to whine in response, covering his ears. He felt overwhelmed. She grabbed his bag, knowing full well that there were knives and other items in it, before motioning for him to hand over his jacket. He loved it dearly, and she knew it, but there was a gun in the inside pocket. He handed it to her, and she folded it before placing it on the passenger seat.

With a final sigh, she turned on the radio, calming melodies flowing through the speakers before she started driving.

It took about ten uncomfortable minutes for them to get to their hotel. Rulyn gave him one of the key cards and he went ahead of her, basically running to their room on the second floor (it was a small hotel), and immediately going into the bathroom. It was stark silent, but at least it was secluded.

He could hear the click of the rooms door opening and closing as she came into the room. He could hear her shuffling around, doing whatever she was doing, and it made him uncomfortable.

There was a tiny little plop before the sound of a piano broke the silence, and a bar of chocolate was slid under the door. He could barely bring himself to look at it. They already thought he was fat... he couldn't he couldn't he couldn't.

'How much did he weigh now...' he asked himself, standing up and looking for the weight thing, most likely kept under the sink... where was it? It was there this morning... Ru must have moved it, damn.

Pulling on his loose t-shirt, he was thankful that Russia had only seen his arms, although they were still heavy as well, and not the rest of his body. His other self-harm scars, how fat he was, and... 'war wounds' recent injuries done by... humans. He was so weak he got hurt by measly little humans!

His... his eye. Reaching up, he gently prodded the almost pure black bruise, wincing as he did so. He tried to see if he could find the tweezers in either of their bags before one came from under the door.

Oh c'mon Ru, it wasn't even that sharp...

Slowly, he removed the glass from around his eyes, placing his shattered glasses on the counter. He didn't need them to see, they were honestly just for decor. Grabbing some of the wound-glue from Rulyn's first aid kit, he started mending his wounds, being careful to shut them really tight.

It was only so long before it was done, and he threw his glasses out under the sink. Ru wouldn't be to happy about buying new ones... then again he did get a few K's for last night.

He... he felt lonely now.

Placing the chocolate on the sink like it was radioactive he walked out of the bathroom, picking up her phone along the way and turning the music off.

"What happened?" She asked from her spot on the other bed, papers surrounding her as she calculated the costs for this month. Their money was dwindling in several of their credit card accounts because of the rising costs in their area, not to mention the government taxing government officers more so that they could afford more bombs.

"Russia..." he muttered, sitting on the opposite bed as she looked over with a raised brow.

"Saw your scars?"

"Yes... do you think he'll tell anyone?" Alfred asked, her laughing a little with a smile.

"He's Russia, if he listens more to his people, like you do, there won't be much of an issue," Rulyn explained, "besides, Russians are weird about suicide, they feel uncomfortable about it, at least in my experience. Definitely wouldn't use it against someone."