Chapter 4: School

We go to the Kobayashi residence to see Kanna staring down at some passing by kids on their way to preschool. She looked intrigued by the group of kids whom she looked around the same age in her human. Additionally this isn't the first time, she has actually been watching them for the past few days now and obviously that hadn't gone unnoticed.

"She's been watching school kids a lot lately" Miss Kobayashi notes as she, Tohru and Ben observed her. "Think she might be wanting to go?" He asked taking a sip from his coffee, "who? Kanna? Hmm, yes I would assume so. It's natural After all, eventually every dragon starts to wrestle with ideas like that" the older dragon answered "oh youth."

"Umm, ideas like what exactly?" Ben asked knowing that his step mom's new maid was most likely gonna say something graphic that he'd have to have an empty mouth to refrain from getting a spit tank. "Kanna's journey to eliminate Humanity?" She replied, "and there it is" Ben groaned deciding to drink a little more. "No Jeez, I meant, maybe she might want to go to school" Miss Kobayashi retorted, "oh, right. I see stuff about school on the internet all the time" Tohru replied.

"You got the hang of it quick" Ben commented, "yeah" his mom replied, she then went over to the young dragon "hey Kanna" she spoke gesturing her to come over "yes Kobayashi? Did you need anything?" The electrical girl asked. "No, I was just wondering. Would you like to go to school?" Kobayashi asked as Kanna's eyes widened in surprise and excitement.

Later on

We now go to the shopping district where Ben and Kobayashi were being dragged forward by an excited Kanna, "Ben! Kobayashi! come on!" She urged in her usual monotone voice, spiced up with some hints of excited tone. "Kanna you should treat both Miss Kobayashi and the slayer of Daigon with more respect" Tohru scolded. "It's okay Tohru, I can understand she's a bit excited" Ben assured, "I still can't understand why you need all this just to go to school, I mean not even Ben's school requires all this" Miss Kobayashi said confused holding up a paper that listed Kanna's school supplies.

"It's nothing to understand once you recognize the obvious conspiracy between the schools and the manufacturers" Tohru responded "I find that doubtful on several levels Tohru" Ben said as he managed to pick Kanna up and carry her on his shoulders. "Not according to the internet" the dragon replied as the Kobayashi patriarch has a thought 'so dragons fall for online BS to' she said internally. "Speaking of school, Ben don't you have classes today?" The woman asked as he sweatdropped "I would go... but unfortunately there was... a mishap this morning" he groaned.

This made the red haired woman groan "don't tell me, Mochi's doing?" She asked, "surprisingly no, this time it was caused by Elma and Vivi according to them" the shapeshifter replied confusing his step mom. As Miss Kobayashi knew that Vivi and Elma as far as she knew were very responsible girls and would never cause any sort of chaos. At least not on purpose anyway, "apparently Vivi accidentally dropped her latest project down one of the washroom sinks's drain pipe. And since she knew Elma was a dragon she thought she would be able to get it out, and well... Elma tried... but... umm... how do I say this?"

Ben said "the entire school had been flooded with water from the drains... all the drains" he explained making the woman turn green at what other drain had flooded. "Moving forward lets just get the basics first" Kobayashi said as they pressed forward. They first tried a normal school supply store named Noyama Stationary, "yup, this is everything, how funny these school supplies haven't changed like at all since I was a kid. Even when Ben was little" the older woman said before seeing Kanna with a disapproving face "no", "huh?! Why no?!" She asked.