Chapter 3: moving out and a party

Early morning in the apartment, Ben had woken up to a major need to use the restroom, "really got to go..." he groaned before getting up from his futon and walked to the bathroom. That's when he saw Kanna get there first and open the door and accidentally hit his adopted mother with it. "Oops Sorry Kobayashi" Kanna apologized, "no it's okay don't worry about it" she replied rubbing her sore head.

"Maybe I'll wait till they're done" he decided, then felt something brush up against his rear. Looking back he saw Tohru's Tail waving around like no one's business, "uh Tohru" Ben spoke up before pointing to her tail "too close".

Later that night he had went to the fridge to grab a smoothie he bought earlier that day. But Kobayashi was also there and tried to get the beer she also had there. "Beer time!" She said "hey I was here first" Ben argued when Tohru had bent down to get something and had her chest right on the two's heads. "Is there any juice?" Kanna asked getting in the two's faces also, "I'm officially over this" The red head muttered "agreed" the brunette nodded.

The next day Kobayashi, Tohru and Kanna had went out to find a new apartment to move Into while Ben stayed behind and started packing. "This'll he easy" he said using XLR8's legs to speed around loading up boxes. And being careful in the event his step mom got home and needed to take a shower and needed a change of clothes. After an hour or so the alien teen managed to get most of it done "Whew, nearly there. Now just to pack... huh?" Ben then heard the door knocking, "now who could that be on a Sunday afternoon?" He asked looking out of the peephole and saw Kaoru, Vivi, Elma and Mizuki.

"What?" The teen discreetly turned his limbs back and opened the door to greet the party "hey guys what's up?" He asked. "Well we were heading to that new manga cafe opening today and Mizuki wanted to see if you would like to go" Vivi answered. Making the maroon hair fidget, "oh man, I'd like to but I've got to finish packing" Ben replied making the group confused. "Packing up? For what?" Kaoru asked, Ben then fully opened the door to show them the collection of boxes to the side "my mom started noticing how cramped it is here so she decided to move so the rest of us can get a bigger apartment" He answered.

"Well, if you need a hand we'll be there to lend one" Vivi said rolling up her sleeves, "what?! No it's fine, I can handle it" The shapeshifter argued but the group didn't have it. "Hey we're friends it's no problem" Kaoru added walking in, "a friend in need is a friend worth helping" Elma said with Mizuki following. Ben face palmed but decided to let them help, "so where are you moving to anyway?" Mizuki asked out of curiosity. "Don't know, mom said she'll call me to tell me where the new apartment is" he said before his phone rang "oh that should be her" answering it he was now face timing Kobayashi.

"Hey Ben, we found a new places and Tohru and Kanna seem to like it. Mainly because the roof is somewhat of a common area, what do you think?" She asked showing Ben the place through the phone. "Looks awesome, can't wait" He replied, then Elma had accidentally got in the camera's view. "Ben did you invite people over without me knowing?" The adopted mom asked "what?! No! I!!" Ben stuttered.

"No Miss Kobayashi, we came over to invite Ben to join us for something. But decided to change plans and help him out instead" Mizuki answered quickly. That made them both blink, "Well Okay then, we appreciate your help" The red head said before hanging up. And Ben collapsed to his knees "that was the fourth most scariest thing in my life" he muttered.

"Well either fourth or a close fifth" he added, "why" Kaoru asked confused "I've been through a lot of freaky stuff" Ben had replied. Then got back to work with the packing, after a long while the gang was finally done and had left bidding Ben a see you later. And oddly once hey left Kobayashi and her dragons seemed to arrive, "you guys packed up nicely" Kobayashi praised. "Well we try" Ben replied, Tohru then spoke up "though the place still looks a little messy" she commented. "I spared my friends the trouble of that, plus when I told Vivi about Tohru wanting to be a maid she said it could be good training to clean" Ben said.