ch 3 ~ spring tees

I got inspiration from Jaehyun's vlog at the Vinyl and Plastic Store.
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! (◕‿◕✿)

Credits to the people who took the pictures and filmed the video.

------------------------------------------------

It was a bright and sunny spring day, and all the cherry blossom trees were in bloom

It was a bright and sunny spring day, and all the cherry blossom trees were in bloom. While many couples spent this time walking through parks and taking pictures, Chaeyoung dragged a reluctant Jaehyun to go shopping. They arrived at a popular shopping street that was filled with various stores.

"Come on! We need matching couple outfits!!" she grabbed his hand and excitedly walked briskly along the sidewalk, dragging him with her. He chuckled at her excitement. She usually didn't get that excited for shopping, but this time was special because it was specifically for couple outfits. In the past few weeks, Chaeyoung had been super insistent on having couple items. These included couple rings, couple shoes, and even couple water bottles. Jaehyun was perplexed as to where this sudden desire to match came from, but then they encountered another couple and he observed that they matched everything from head to toe. Initially, he was grateful that Chaeyoung wasn't that insistent on being matching but soon discovered that she wanted to do the same.

"Do I have to~" Jaehyun whined as Chaeyoung tugged his arm and guided him into a store.

She chuckled and responded, "Yes~" Jaehyun sulked and sighed.

Chaeyoung felt pity for the poor soul and said, "Jae, do you want ice cream?" He instantly perked up and excitedly nodded. Chaeyoung led him out of the clothing store and they walked to a nearby ice cream parlor. Chaeyoung ordered a green tea ice cream for Jaehyun and mango ice cream for herself. She paid for both of them and they went and sat down at a table.

After they finished their ice cream, Chaeyoung wondered out loud, "Jaehyun, are you ready to go shopping after this? Oh my gosh, we should get matching onesies! What color would you like? Or maybe animal onesies?" Chaeyoung excitedly rambled.

He groaned, "I thought you forgot about those." Chaeyoung, unbothered, shook her head no.

"It's literally spring though; it's not onesie season," he started when she interrupted firmly, "It's always onesie season." Jaehyun pouted, and Chaeyoung laughed.

"You look adorable," she cooed and poked his cheek. Jaehyun tackled her in a hug and squished her saying, "No you," Chaeyoung giggled and tried to escape from his grip. In the process, they almost bumped into some other shoppers, and they quickly muttered their apologies. They resumed walking side by side, holding hands. As they walked on the street, they pointed to various shops and wandered into them, each time not buying anything. Finally, they stumbled upon a record store which excited Jaehyun, as he led her inside to explore.

"I don't think I have ever been in a record store before," she stated, taking in her surroundings. The store was filled with colorful vinyls from floor to ceiling, and ambient music was playing in the background.

Jaehyun smiled shyly and inquired, "Do you like it?"

"Yes! It's so vintage, I love it!" she enthusiastically said while continuing to look around.

He sighed in relief, "I'm happy you like it, this is one of my favorite stores," he continued while she nodded in agreement, saying, "I see why it's your favorite." They explored some more, and Jaehyun showed her his favorite artists' records like Donny Hathaway, Chet Baker, and The Beatles. Chaeyoung's eyes lit up when she heard him mention The Beatles.

"I love The Beatles! One of my favorite songs by them is Let it Be. I haven't heard the other bands though," Chaeyoung exclaimed. Jaehyun smiled, thinking of an idea. He grabbed a few records that he hadn't listened to and then asked Chaeyoung which records she would like. After wandering around for a few minutes, Chaeyoung chose records of The 1975 and Tori Kelly. They made their way to the cash register and Chaeyoung reached in her purse to get her card. By the time she got her card out, Jaehyun had already paid for all of the records. Chaeyoung gaped as the cashier gave them their receipt and Jaehyun thanked them. He took the records and looked over at Chaeyoung who was now moping and he chuckled, both of them moving away from the register.

"Come on Chaeyoungie~" he coaxed as Chaeyoung continued to pout.

"I wanted to pay," she said, glaring at Jaehyun, "I feel bad. I brought you out to shop, and here you are paying." Jaehyun ruffled her hair and she stuck her tongue out at him. He took Chaeyoung's hand and led the sulking girl out of the record store.

"At the beginning, I was whining, and now it's you," he noted, amused, as they once again walked on the sidewalk, prompting a scoff from Chaeyoung. Suddenly, Chaeyoung spotted another clothing store and perked up, pulling Jaehyun into the store. They looked around and Chaeyoung found cute shirts with little kiwis, and Jaehyun shook his head in disapproval.

"But why... they're cute!!" she giggled but put them back on the rack. Jaehyun found some flannels and showed Chaeyoung, but she looked at them skeptically.

"You look good in flannel but I look weird," she lamented, while Jaehyun disagreed and moved closer to her.

"You look good in anything," he whispered in her ear, then moved back to stare into her eyes, and Chaeyoung blushed and continued looking around while Jaehyun laughed at her cuteness and put the flannel back. After a few more exchanges, they finally settled on pastel sweatshirts; Jaehyun took a pastel pink sweatshirt, while Chaeyoung took a baby blue one. She grabbed both and rushed to the cash register to pay for both of the sweatshirts before Jaehyun could even reach for his wallet. She smiled and thanked the cashier and turned around to face her boyfriend with a huge grin on her face. Jaehyun smiled in response and they began to make their way out of the store when he turned and kissed her on the forehead. Both of their eyes shone with admiration as they happily left the store, hand in hand.

------------------------

Have an amazing day/night! (✿◠‿◠)