Break Away-2

I woke up early the next morning, and went to put on a fresh dress, and fresh under clothes. I put on new knee high white socks, and put on my shoes. I washed my hair in the bathroom. In the bathroom, you can program it to wash all of you or only sections. The water will touch my clothes, but not get them wet, since I programmed for it to only wet my hair.

Once I finished my hair, I put in a tight bun, and waited for Lily to finish her hair. She put on her regular face, and we walked into the large line, waiting to get breakfast. I wasn't at all up for another bowl of crappy oatmeal. I wanted to taste other foods. I couldn't wait to get out on my own. No one could stop me from anything. No more whippings, less death rates. That's the life. There are also the ones who stay after their allowed to leave.

"How were you this morning Maria?"Mrs.Hidie asks slapping me hard on the back, where my iron burn had blistered badly.

I kept a straight face, remaining strong,"Good Mrs. Hidie, how were you?"I asked robotically.

"Good."She muttered angrily that she couldn't break me.

I was smiling so large on the inside. I walked getting my bowl from the belt that bowls rolled out on. I went to my seat, and waited for everyone to get their food. All at once everyone began eating in unison.

I am so tired of doing this. I couldn't stop though. It was like they also put an eating mechanical chip in my head.  Repast went on and on, and eventually everyone finished. The tubes above us sucked up our bowls, and sent them to the kitchen to be cleaned.

"Chore time!"Head mistress said happily when we first gathered in the auditorium.

The auditorium was huge. It had 1500 seats in it, each padded with gray cushions. There was a stage that had five steps that led up to it. The stage floor was black, and wooden. It constantly smelt like burning flesh, and smoke from the fire. There were three chairs up on the stage. One for Head Mistress, Mrs.Hidie, and the lady. No one knows what the lady's name is so that's just what everyone calls her, even Head Mistress.

The room has grey blinds that cover the windows, so no sunlight is able to shine in.  Just like every thing else, it was dull and non-interesting.

Everyone was seated, and Head Mistress began naming off who would have what shift.

"Maria Duval, is castle attic."I gulped.

The attic. Besides the chamber, it's the worst place to be. There is bats, spiders, and snakes. It's also supposedly haunted. I had never been up there, but I really hoped I'd never have to.

"Alright. Let's get to work girls."Mrs.Hidie said.

Everyone got up and we went our separate ways. I climbed up the old, creaky, grey, cobble stone stairs. I could see the door. It was a faded wood, with a big black latch. It had a black Handel that you had to jiggle for the door to open.

I wanted to stop my feet from walking, but they didn't want to listen. Something was pushing me to go up there. I'd be the only one up there. No fear. No pain, no problem.

My hand rested on the rusty door knob, and I began tugging, and jiggling the handle until it popped open. I opened it wider, and bit my lip. There were boxes amongst boxes. Each one containing something different. I closed the door behind me, and began walking. I kneeled down and began opening a box. I had to remove all contents of each box, and make them nice and orderly. This first box had mostly contained books, none that interested me.

I kept going through boxes. I was on my fifth 'til last when I came across something...strange. There was a picture of Head Mistress, but there was something next to her. I brought the picture closer to my face, to get a better look. I had never saw this thing before. I had a strange feeling I knew what it was. A..boy?