Secret Santa

is it too late for a christmas one shot? no, no it's not

please vote and comment on this it makes me sad when no one does

— • — • —

"Alright, Mike. It's your turn." Michael smiled as Calum handed him the snapback full of pieces of paper with his friends' names on them. He was only the second person to pick so there were still a lot of options. He shook them up obnoxiously, earning a loud "hurry up" from one of his friends across the room.

He laughed and picked a slip of paper and unfolded it. His cheeks felt hot and he hoped they didn't look pink as he read his crush's messy handwriting

Luke

Michael refrained from looking up at anyone so no one would think he got them. He put the piece of paper in his front pocket and watched one of his friends pick a name for himself.

A couple turns later and it was Luke's turn. He was the last person to pick so he jokingly shook the hat and picked the last piece of paper.

Michael couldn't tell who he got by the look on Luke's face. He seemed to do the same thing Michael did by putting it in his pocket so no one could see. The boy had an unreadable look on his face as he gave Calum his hat back.

"Alright guys, we're doing the gifts on the 23rd, so have them by then or you suck." Calum said.

About a week later, it was the 20th and Michael still hadn't gotten anything for Luke. He didn't know what to get the boy. He wanted to get him something that meant a lot to the both of them but Michael was drawing a blank.

It was his second time walking through the mall and trying to find something Luke might like. He went by Journeys and walked in to look at what they had.

Michael knew the boy only wore plain black vans but maybe a change would be nice. He saw the shelf full of slip on vans and went over to the black and white checkered ones.

He quickly texted Luke's mom to get his shoe size and bought the pair immediately.

When he got back to his car he went on his phone and scrolled through all his social media before he started his drive back home.

He went through his Instagram stories and swiped to Luke's, who posted three pictures of Harry Styles's new album with songs playing with them. Michael was about to keep scrolling when he got an idea. He wasn't sure if it was completely stupid or the best idea he's ever had.

When he got home, Michael had a long talk with his parents about how he was going to pay for what he wanted, and they decided Michael would pay for half and his parents would pay the other. After hugging his parents for being the best people ever, Michael ran up to his room and got on his computer.

He bought the gift and printed what he needed and put it in an envelope. He wrote Luke's name on the front and decided to put it in the shoe box underneath the vans and tissue paper.

Three days later, the group of boys stared their secret santa with Calum giving a boy named Josh a t-shirt of a band he started listening to, and Calum getting a soccer jersey from Ashton.

It was Michael's turn to get his gift and he was surprised when Luke stood up and came to him with a bag full of tissue paper.

"Wow, m'surprised you kept that from me." Michael teased and Luke laughed and gave him the bag.

He smiled as Luke sat down next to him and began taking the paper out of the bag to see a frame.

Michael was beaming when he saw it was a collage frame with pictures of him and Luke from when they were young to now.