08 ; reunited

「chapter eight 」

you wait patiently in the train station

you wait patiently in the train station. it has only been a couple days without yumi, and you missed her a lot. along with seungwon and hyerin.

a train finally stops and people head out the train one by one, you stand up and scan through the peoples faces hoping to see yumi. your eyes finally landed on the familiars face causing you to smile, you happily wave getting yumis attention.

yumi smiles and walks to you, she sets her bags down once you quickly hugged her. she was quite stunned. yumi smiles, "it's only been a couple days, you can't possibly miss me that much" yumi says with a small laugh

"you don't know how lonely i felt, luckily i met hina and junghwa. they kept company with me" you mumble with a small pout

yumi smiles seeing her younger sister, you watch as yumi takes a letter and hands it to you. "its from seungwon--" yumi explains which you were quick to take it and were about to open only to be stopped by yumi,

"-dont open it just yet, we have things to do" yumi warns making you pout once again.

hyunmi walks down the steps and meets the eyes of her brother. a smile forms her lips, along with taehyun. she quickly walks to him and hugs him. a hug she needed. a needed hug from her brother. a hug she thought she wouldn't ever receive.

taehyun smiles seeing his younger sister. a warm memory was created. the two siblings who haven't seen each other in years finally reunite. the two siblings who needed each other for comfort, the same comfort they had when they were younger. when they had a family to rely on.

two figures were then seen next to you and yumi. you look over to see hyunmi and a male, you noticed how both of them had similarities.

you smile and wave to hyunmi who smiles at you, yumi looks at hyunmi then the male. "ms.chae, this is my older brother baek taehyun.. the one i was telling you about. he's an american soldier" hyunmi informs with a smile

taehyun looks at the two females, both of them looked familiar to him. but he couldn't quite catch where he has seen the two.

yumi nods looking at the male, she shows a small smile holding her hand out to him. "its great to finally meet you taehyun" yumi says

taehyun takes her hand and shakes it.

hyunmi must be close to this lady, she must be the lady who took care of her..

taehyun thinks. yumi must be the one who took care of his younger sister while he couldn't, she must be the one who took responsibility for her.

"and this is y/n, ms.chaes younger sister. she sings very well" hyunmi introduces you snapping taehyun out of his thoughts, he didn't notice he was looking at yumi with awe

taehyun shakes your hand while you smile brightly. the smile that can make anyone's heart flutter.

_

yumi walks in the bar and looks around. looking at the old bar made memories flash through her mind. many happy memories that soon became sad ones.

yumi walks around looking at the tables and stops in one specific corner of the room. her breath hitched and her eyes suddenly became glossy.

yumi looks at the broken vase with dried flowers. yumi slowly bends down to look at the vase and gulps as a memory came back.

yumis memory

the sound of the vase breaking startled yumi causing her to take a step back shutting her eyes tightly.

the vase of flowers that he gave her for when they opened the bar. ever since he got that vase he gave yumi new flowers everyday he saw her. the vase only had a couple flowers, not as much as it use to have.

even when yumi shut her eyes the tears kept flowing down.

"haven't you noticed?" he starts, "ive been giving you hints, so why is it that you're still bothering me???" he yells

yumi looks at her husband and his eyes that once showed happiness showed darkness. this was a new side of him. a side yumi wishes she never met.

"i don't love you anymore, i lost interest in you.." he says, and now that he was saying those words he felt slightly guilty.

yumi did notice. she noticed how he started coming home late, and how he suddenly became moody when she was only trying to be nice. she even noticed the small details, like how his shirt buttons weren't buttoned up all the way. or how his hair wasn't neat like how she remembers. even the little things made her hurt, even thinking about it made her want to cry.

"yumi, are you okay?" he asked as he noticed she wasn't responding

"yumi"

    "yumi-ah"

"yumi-ah, it's all your fault"

   "yumi, what are you thinking about??"

"yumi you disgust me"

"huh?" yumi asks looking up to see you who had a look of concern. "yumi.. your crying" you mutter feeling a lump start to form, looking at a rare sight of your sister.

yumi quickly wipes her cheeks and smiles at her sister standing up. "im fine" yumi assures you and looks around as she noticed her words didn't convince you

"let's get everything ready for the opening, you need to get ready. you're singing" yumi informs you with a smile as she walks away from the corner and walks to the other workers

"im singing?" you ask