Crime Doesn't Sleep.

A Day in the Life.

Sand Dollar County; a town filled with lights, cameras, clubs, and heritage. But no place is ever perfect, for crime is everywhere and without sleep.  But of course that’s where we come in, my name is Todd Reese and I’m a part of this county’s homicide unit. For over three years I’ve experienced a many things with excuses good, sad, and shamefully pathetic.  When I was just a kid I would think that what I saw on TV was the worst of it, but I was dead wrong. This world is cold and cruel and like a noir film it’s simple as black and white. There are humans who kill to survive and then there are humans who kill for the pleasure. And I’ve ran into those sorts many times, but the pleasure seekers are the worst kinds to try to find. They’re the ones who are like snakes in the grass, just waiting to jump and bite you on any exposed area of your body, and by the time you realize you’ve been bitten…. It’s too late to do anything, for the poison is already flowing through your veins, and a cold embrace might hit you or maybe miss you if you’re lucky.
As I sat in the Orange Pearl on Bay Drive I just sipped my black tea with no care. It was supposed to be my day off so I sat in the private booth being surrounded by a small room and a horizon shore painted on the wall. During times like these I would read a newspaper or listen to the establishment’s radio that would ring out sea shanties.  The place isn’t all bad, the kids and old sailors love the ocean theme and the staff is nice and professional.  Al though, there’s one thing that a staff member does quite frequently from time to time and it’s strange. She always rushes over to me with a piece of hair covering a side of her face and she always acted as if she were in a rush. Now the shop was usually empty on mornings unless it’s the afternoon or tourist season. But only time will tell what the mystery is behind her.
As I left for the exit I suddenly had received a text; we have a 187, location on Bay Street and Coral Drive. Require assistance maintaining the scene. 
With a groan I had brushed my hair back and replied to the text saying that I’d be there in ten. Like crime being a poisonous snake it doesn’t grow tired and it never begs for a break.