Friday Night Lights

I love football games so, so, so much. Many people have alot of other things to do on a Friday nights besides for going to footballs games. (Probably because they have a life unlike the person writing this)

Then there are those people who don't have alot of things to do on Friday nights because they are usually in their bed, watching spongebob while eating Ben & Jerry's. Hahaha Only joking. You may have a life but also really enjoy football games or your me like I've already pointed out.

Anyways in this chapter I'm going to talk about the process for me during home football games as a colorguard member.

Step 1: Arriving.

I usually wait until the very last second to get ready, I do not know why. Maybe laziness? I don't know. I get ready makeup and all and then my mom takes me to a drive through so I can eat before I go so by the time I get to the school I'm running to the band room to make it on time. Pleasant.

Step 2: costume.
I usually make it seconds before roll call but after that colorguard has an hour or so to warm up and just get ready. I use that time to put on my costume and touch up my makeup. And then go outside to practice some of the show.

Step 3: marching on.
My band usually marches onto the field for the national anthem from our places outside of the band room so it's pretty far from the field. We're called to attention and then our schools kaydence starts and my opinion I think my bands kaydence is the best in the county so everytime it starts it's a cool experience because when it starts I get goosebumps instantly So in all it's a very nerve racking.

On our way to the field we have to march on the side walk before we make it to the gate that leads to the field so people on the sidewalk see us and are like wow look at the band, go band!

We make it to our places on the field, guard stands in the weird uncomfortable position, band plays the national anthem. Then the band splits up and the guard marches off through the middle, hard to explain but I think it's cool.

Band remains on the field while the guard goes to the sidelines, they play fight song while we dance and the football team comes running out, the band march off and after that we go to the stands.

Step 4: Halftime show

Usually when the band/colorguard goes to the stands the band plays and the colorguard dances and it's a good time, but while doing this there is this looming feeling I get because I know the show is coming and my nerves get more and more prominent and when my captains say its time to practice minutes before the show my heart goes into overdrive though I never really try to show it.

We go on to the field and do the show, I think performing in a show is a very surreal moment or long moment because it is 7 minutes long. Band gets off and get food while it's still halftime and by the time we get back to the stands I'm about to fall asleep because my adrenaline rush is gone and that leaves me exhausted.

Step 5: Leave

I just dance to the band tunes for the rest of the night nearly falling asleep between songs unless the game is somewhat interesting. Game ends, clean band room/colorguard room, go home and when my head hits my pillow I'm out.