Chapter 6: Tensions

You had returned back to Beacon safe and sound and was now in the office of the academy's headmaster Professor Ozpin, explaining the situation.

Ozpin: What of the other students in the area at the time? Are they...?

Shinya: Our teams found several other groups of your students fighting bots. Thankfully none were hurt and we had taken them back here.

Ozpin: *sits in chair* Thank goodness....what is your military planning to do about this...new threat?

(Y/N): We're working on it but there is reason to believe the SDF are still here in this kingdom somewhere. What we're planning to do......that's classified information. I can tell you this though: Keep your students safe and we'll handle the rest.

Ozpin: I see....

Ruby suddenly stepped in.

Ruby: We can help!

(Y/N): Huh?

Weiss:What?

Ruby: Me and my team. Besides we've got a better chance to stop them if we stick together.

(Y/N): That's out of the question. SATO isn't going to risk the lives of students to fight against a full scale alien race.

Ruby: But-

Owen: No, Ruby. We get you and your team are strong but the Settlement Defense Front are not like other monsters that you've faced, they're a fascist totalitarian state that nearly obliterated Earth years ago.

Ruby and her team lowered their heads.

Owen: We're done here (Y/N). Let's go.

(Y/N): Right.

You had left Beacon.

***

The United Nations Space Alliance and SATO continued to make itself known to the people of Vale by establishing friendly relations with the people and high council and becoming the standing army of the kingdom, and the military was responsible for the external protection of Vale. 

It also decided that it would protect Beacon Academy as well, as the garrison you lived at was behind the school. Jump technology was soon introduced and the scientist of Vale were amazed by it.

But that peace was threatened by the looming SDF threat on the planet as SATO was now at a southern part of the continent in the midst of an engagement with SDF soldiers. You alongside fellow marines and SCAR pilots were currently lock in combat.

SATO marine: Take cover!

A energy blast headed your way as you ducked behind the rocks. Looking back up you fired several more rounds from your assault rifle and killed a turret operator. Leaping from behind the rocks you and your fellow team members gunned down the SDF in your way and proceeded into the base.

You were greeted by a battalion of bots inside of what looked like a hangar bay firing energy rifles and blocking you from the staircase where you needed to deactivate the shield surrounding the base.

(Y/N): Damn...this is some bullshit!

SATO Marine: We've got to get to the upper level to take down the shields so we can call an airstrike.

You tried to think of a solution until an explosion went off ahead of you, killing the bots that blocked your way. Looking behind you you could see Daniel and a group of marines running you your position, all of them were holding the same type of weapon.

Shinya: Come on people let's get moving!

SATO Marines: Right!

You got up and proceeded to the upper levels mowing down robots in your way until you and the others eventually made it to the control area. Using the pad you deactivated the massive shield around the base and ran towards the landing pad.