Kat

Enzo put me in the front seat of Klaus's black SUV. When did his style in cars get so bad? Then again I hadn't seen him since before cars were even invented but oh well. Elijah had always been better at that stuff than his brother, the darker haired original had always had so much...class.

Speaking of brothers, what the hell was mine thinking? Working with Klaus, the guy who had killed him without a second thought just to get back at Kat for running. Then again, he and Klaus had always been friends.

Gosh I missed Katirina so much right know, my older sister had always been there for me. I had been closer to her than the rest of my brothers, seeing as we were the only girls in the group. I had lost track of her during the 40s, that had been about 100 years after we had met in New Orleans and she had told me that Klaus, the guy I was engaged to had killed our entire family, that he had intended to sacrifice her.

Just at that moment Klaus, opened the door to the drivers seat and jumped into the car with a grin, those perfect little dimples growing even larger when his perfect sea blue eyes connected with mine. I quickly turned my eyes to the window, silently scolding myself for those thoughts as I watched the scenery go by.

The Original Hybrid was the one to finely break the silence, "You kept the ring, may I ask why?"

I shrugged, deciding to humor him just this once, as soon as we got wherever we were going I was going to ignore them both best I could. "I guess I'm just sentimental."

Enzo laughed from the back seat and I jumped, I had forgotten her was there, "If you are anything Izzy, its not sentimental." Klaus chimed in with his own perfect laugh. Then a horrifying thought struck me and I spun to face my ex.

"Are you compelling him?" I asked, my voice hinting that I was going to kill him about five more times than I had already planned if it was true.

The blonde looked a little horrified, "No Isabella, I don't compel my friends."

My eyes narrowed, "But you do kill them and there whole family?" my voice came out a growl.

He visibly flinched at my hash words, but I didn't waver. Even though at his uncomfort I felt twinge of unwelcome emotions.

"I-I did'nt mean it, I was angry and I.." he trailed off and looked at me with those perfect puppy dog blue eyes. I mean Enzo was one of the people he had killed and if he could forgive him... No, I wasn't going to forgive Klaus anytime soon, and that was just the way it was.

At that moment we pulled up to what I assumed was Klaus's 'Super-House' as Tyler put it. Before I could even reach for my seat buckle though, Klaus had sped over to my door and opened it for me. When I tried to step out, he picked me up bridal-style and headed towards the front door.

"I think can walk myself thanks" I growled trying to wiggle out of his arms but it was no use.

"Ah, but I wouldn't want my precious Isabella getting away would I?" he laughed and it vibrated trough me, causing me get another rush of unidentified emotions.

"Can't you just call me Izzy or Bella like everybody else?" I wined.

"Nope." he popped the 'p'.

"Why not?" I glared up at him, by now I had given up trying to get out of his toned arms.

"Because I'm not everybody else love, I'm your fiancé, oh and I kept the ring" he shifted me into right arm just long enough for him to show me the glittering band of silver on his ring finger that mirrored my own.

Now it was my time to laugh, " Fiancé? You think we are still engaged? No way! We are dis-disengaged, like now!" I stuttered, a little shocked that he would still think of me in that way.

He looked down at me and I swore I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes, but if it was ever there he covered it up quickly with an amused frown. "I've got a surprise for you in the house." by then he had reached the front door. Klaus set me down but still held a firm hand around my waist as he lead me into the way too big mansion.

At first I did'nt see anything as Enzo closed the elegent doors soundly behind us. Klaus took my hand in his soft one and lead me to another room, it was...Kat.

I squealed, jumping from Klaus's arms and rushing into hers where she hugged me tightly. Okay, maybe a weekend with Klaus could be bearable.

@@@

So thats another chaper! Longer than the norm, hope ya like it. And if you were wondering, yes the Enzo is Enzo from Augesine.