Chapter 20 - Realisation

Warning: Mature Audiences Only

Sierra's POV

"Let me take you out to dinner."

Nico hovered over me, his eyes cherishing every part of me.

"Um, we had dinner nearly two hours ago." I knew very well what he was saying but a part of me felt awkward, almost embarrassed.

I heard him let out a light chuckle before lowering his face to the side of mine.

"Maybe I should be more specific since we do this shit backward. Let me take you out on a date." He whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my body of the tingling kind.

I turned my head and planted a quick kiss on his cheek, before maneuvering my body from underneath his as I rolled on my side. I had my back to him while I stared at my clothes on the floor, all of the night's events coming back to me. I had never known the true loving of a man like tonight. All my other sexual encounters were purely satisfactory, purely lust-filled and it ended there. I was perfectly fine with that, no man has ever captured my curiosity or captivated me in such a way that I needed or wanted more... Until him. I don't regret it one bit. But I am unsure of the future when it comes to us, uncertain of where this thing between us is headed and I'm just waiting for it all to come crashing down on me.

I felt him shift behind me. He had himself propped up as he lay kisses upon my shoulder while caressing my body with his hand. His simple touch alone was enough to send me spiraling out of control.

"What are you so afraid of, Sierra?" His whispers ignited another flame, one by one they would come alight and burn me from the inside out.

He already knew my ways. Somehow, this man already knew how to read me. He already knew my defenses, my techniques, my strategies... All set in place to protect me and hide from the world. I sighed, for the first time allowing myself to be vulnerable by choice.

"I just..." I took a deep breath. I felt his kiss upon my shoulder again as a form of encouragement.

"I have never done this before. I have never been on a date before." I blurted out, unsure if I wanted to see his reaction or not.

"You've never been on a date?" He repeated, taking in what I said. "Like never? Not even in school?"

"Nope." I popped the 'p' as I thought back on my father denying me any friends, nevermind a boyfriend.

"So, you've never been in a relationship either, I'm assuming." He continued questioning, but not out of amusement or mockery. More out of curiosity and intrigue.

"That would be a no too." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Huh..." he sounded out which now made me turn slightly to look at him.