Chapter 19 - Burn In Love

Warning: Mature Audiences Only

"We can dance in desire or we can burn in love tonight;

Our hearts are like firestone;

When they strike, we feel the love;

Sparks will fly, they ignite our bones;

When they strike, we light up the world."

Sierra's POV

Sierra's POV

It's been another 2 weeks since we spread Abuelita's ashes and since I saw my brother. I haven't seen him since but Odette has called Nico a couple of times asking how I was. He didn't find it suspicious at all but I knew exactly why she was calling.

My father tried calling me again. I sent him a text message telling him I was done with it all. I told him I was no longer his pawn in this fight. I will find out who killed my mother for myself and decide what I want to do with that information. I then disabled that number and acquired a new one. I told Nico that the 'acquaintance' wouldn't leave me alone, which is the reason for doing so.

Things between Nico and I have been the same. He still slept on the couch and I still landed up in his arms on that couch most nights. I felt bad for having him kicked out of his own bed and I tried taking the couch a couple of nights. His stubbornness is as bad as mine, and my determination would simply land me over his shoulder and chucked into the bed.

It's been easier handling Abuelita's death since I spread her ashes. I felt a little bit at peace with the situation, yet determined to avenge her. My father will get what's coming to him. For now, one thing at a time. I need to find out the truth behind my mother's death, her association with the De Luca family and the truth behind her words to Rafael.

I woke up today in need of something to bring me closer to Abuelita. I missed her today, more than any other day for some reason. I decided to make a dish she had taught me to make before she died. She wasn't able to cook so that was my responsibility and now I was grateful I got the chance to learn from her.