Chapter Ten

Peter stood on a branch peering between the leaves, watching down at the Pirate ship a few feet in front of him. His eyes were squint as he tried to focus on the body forms moving upon the deck. Glancing from Pirate to Pirate, he noticed their guard was low as if they weren’t expecting nor worried Peter would swoop in and start a battle; ending what Hook was seeking.

        Pushing his legs off the wood Peter leapt into the air, soaring through the sky downward towards the ship to get a closer look at the bodies roaming.

        Standing on the wood of the sail he peered between the cream colored cloth, his eyes widening at the sight of Wendy tied together. His brows narrowed while his eyes flared with anger down at Hook who stood next to Wendy, playing with her hair and wrapping it around his silver friend.

        The color drained from Peters’ face while water boiled from beneath his toes and up to his head, bringing all life back into him. Looking down beneath his feet, Pirates lingered laughing between Wendy and Hook.

        Glancing towards the door leading to the Captains’ Courters, Peters’ mouth opened agape. If it was possible Peter could feel his jaw falling down to the bottom of the deck.

        Fox stood leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed and a mixed expression upon his face.

        Peters’ heart raced at the sight of his best friend casually lingering about Captain Hooks’ ship, as if it was normal for him to be aboard. Shaking his head Peter leaned into the sail in attempt to get a closer look at Fox, hoping his mind was playing a trick on him. His heart pounded against its cage when he realized Fox was indeed standing next to Hook and a tied up Wendy.

        With a blink of an eye, a snap of a twig, Fox had betrayed Pan.

                        ***                              ***                             ***

        “He’s not just going to sit around and let you get away with this,” Wendy seethed staring at Hook. A mischievous grin twitched upward, “oh I know,” he said looking up into the sky, “that’s the point.”

        Wendy shook her head in disbelief then looked over at Fox in disgust. “How could you do this to him? Of all people?” Wendy knew Fox despised her and understood why he’d sign her over to the Pirates, but Peter? She was flabbergasted over Foxs’ betrayal and couldn’t wrap her mind over the reason behind his doing.

        Foxs’ cold exterior dropped for a slight second before he regained himself and stared harshly at her. “It’s not like I wanted to,” he whispered down at Wendy.

        She huffed and rolled her eyes, “me I understand, but he was your best friend and you went against him.” Fox looked down at Wendy and met her blackened eyes, making his match hers. “You don’t get it,” he seethed throwing his hands in the air and walking away in search of Hook.

        “Get that you betrayed your best friend?” Wendy yelled at him, slightly squealing at the end when she felt the ropes around her wrists dig into her skin. Fox turned around and stalked towards Wendy, wrapping his hand around her neck.

        Wendys’ eyes widened, feeling the warmth of his hand engulf the skin of her neck, tightening.

        Foxs’ eyes clenched in anger while the veins down his neck and forehead bulged underneath his skin throbbing. His teeth were tightened together so tight you could hear them gritting against each other. “I did not betray him,” he seethed into her face glaring down at her, oblivious to the fact her blue eyes were watering while her cheeks flushed violet. Her lips were slightly parted while she tried to gasp for air but the grip of his hand around her neck was too tight to fight.