Chapter Five

(Juliet's POV)

I sipped on my glass of water as I waited.

"How you doing, Bella?"

"I'm fine." I said, adjusting my sitting position. "He sure about this?" 

"Jules, Phoenix is the best there is. Of course he's sure." Stefano replied. "Russo owns this bar. It's were he does all his dirty work."

Minutes later, just like Phoenix said, a big burly man walked in. He had four men surrounding him and he seemed to be limping.

"Injury to his left leg." Stefano whispered.

His eyes connected with mine and his eyebrow shot up in amusement, confusion, and shock. He headed our way and sat down across from me.

"Mrs. Bianchi, I presume."

"What gave me away?"

"You're a legend in our world. The hair, the eyes, the attitude, the temperament, the husband, et cetera." He said eyeing me up and down.

"Then you must know why I'm here."

He nodded. "Your husband is missing. So are the rest of his men."

"You're the last one that saw him."

"You wanna know what happened."

"I do."

"What makes you think I'll tell you?"

"I'm sure you've found your man already."

"The one you had killed? I did. He was a favorite of mine."

"It's a shame that that had to happen."

He chuckled. "Are you threatening me, Doll?"

"I'm not a doll. I'm a Queen. A Queen who is missing her King."

"F*cking shit. The stories people tell about you two are true, aren't they? Willing to do anything for each other. Willing to take out anyone or anything. The once mute girl is now a powerful Queen with a voice."

"I've always been a Queen."

"So I see." He said, studying me some more. "Your husband wanted to make a deal. Well I wanted to make a deal with him."

"Regarding what?"

"I wanted in on some of his action. I wanted in on some of his business. He denied me."

"So you attacked."

"I attacked." He smirked.

"Where is Vincenzo now?" Stefano asked.

"I haven't the slightest idea."

"Why is that?"

"Because after my guys fired the first shots, someone else joined in."

"A third party?"

"A third party." He nodded. "This third party, however, weren't shooting at your husband. They were shooting at me and my men."