Chapter Four

(Juliet's POV)

We arrived at the safe house around midnight. Ricci and Antonio were waiting inside.

"We've done nothing, just like you said." Ricci said.

"Good."

"We should all get some sleep and get an early start tomorrow." Stefano said.

"No, I want you to take me to where it happened."

"Jul-"

"No, I don't want to hear it. Antonio, take me there now."

"Yes, ma'am."

We took the care down to where it all happened. It was an old abandoned building, out of the city. No one and nothing for miles.

"Boss's car is still here. The bodies are too. Except Bruno and Amaro. We took care of them." Ricci said.

I went to Vince's car first. My heart sank when I saw the bloody handprint smeared across the side. I opened the door and searched all over that car. Nothing. Not a thing was there.

"People just don't disappear into thin air." I said, closing the car door.

"They don't."

"Ricci, you and Antonio search inside the building. Look for anything."

"Yes ma'am."

"What are we going to do?" Phoenix asked.

I walked back to our car and opened the back door. Our German Shepherd, Hades, jumped out and stood beside me. We brought him for extra protection for me.

We got him and our male Leonberger named Tank at the same time we got Isa her dog. All three of them went through training for over a year. Tank is the most friendly one out of the two. Hades....Hades is much like Vince. He's a bit overprotective of me. Sometimes, he barks at Stefano for getting to close.

That's why we brought Leo. We left Tank at home.

"Hades and I will look in that direction and you two look in that direction." I said pointing.

"We're not letting you go off alone."

"I'm not alone. I have Hades."

"I'll go alone. Stefano will go with you. No arguing." Phoenix said.

"Fine."

We walked for about a mile or two but found nothing.

"I don't understand. How can so many people disappear into think air?" I asked.

"I don't know, Bella."

"I'm scared, Stef." I admitted.

"I know, I know."

"What if we don't find them? What if we find them but it's not good?"

"Bella, if there is one thing that I'm 100% sure of it's that Vincenzo Bianchi is not going to die while you're still on this earth. He will face off with the grim reaper himself if he has to."

That's when I started to cry. I couldn't hold it back anymore. Stefano just pulled me into his arms and let me cry. Hades started whimpering because I was crying and kept rubbing his side against my leg.

After a few minutes of me just crying, Stefano pulled back and wiped my tears away.

"You gotta be strong now, Bella. You have to toughen up. You're a Queen. You still got a crown on your head. Don't let it fall. Be strong. You hear me?"

The Devil's Fallen Angel (Angels of the Underworld: Book 4) (✔️)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara