Friends

Friends, she had them, but they never treated her right. She'd be the one standing out, her depression taking the worst of herself up.

When her 'friends' did talk to her, she'd answer dull or with a fake laugh. She wanted to be crazy like them, but her depression held it back. She didn't deserve the fun, she didn't deserve her friends.

She'd lay in bed every night, cutting and thinking about why her friends forgot about her. Then she'd think about how dull she was, almost lifeless, a tired old woman in the body of a young girl.

She'd figure she wasn't good enough for them. She couldn't talk to someone about anything. Everyone had a best friend, to who they could tell anything, who would know them like the back of their hand, who would give them a hug and wipe away their tears.

She didn't have that someone, she never felt the trust to tell someone. Never had anyone even tried to get to know her, thinking she wouldn't open up anyway. And when she cried, nobody was there to wipe her tears away and tell that it was gonna be okay.

She had one friend, who was patient enough to hear what she had to say, but he was and internet friend and when she wouldn't tell him something, he'd pressure her into it.

She just cried, too tired and lifeless to actually say something. She was ashamed of herself, she was a nobody after all. Even her own friends ignored her now....