Chapter One

A flirt fools some of the men all of the time, and all of the men some of the time, but not all men all of the time. - Unknown

      The cool early summer wind blew my curly auburn hair out of my face, releasing me of my fight with it. Looking around to see if anything interesting was going on, I caught sight of an attractive guy. Confidently I walked over to him where he was sitting on the bench of the dog park. He seemed like my type. His light blond hair, dark green eyes, well-muscled body. He had it all.

     "Hi I'm Aislinn," I smiled at him, sitting down next to him, closer than a normal person would sit to a stranger, but not close enough to touch.

     "Hello," he said, his deep voice had a slight British accent to it. He hadn't even looked at me when he greeted me. How rude could he be? 

     I not one to be discouraged easily, continued the conversation, "What's your name?" I smiled, flirtatiously, playing with a piece of my hair.

     "None of your business," he said in an almost sing-song voice. He getting irritable.

     "Well... that's rude. Here I gave you name and wanted to get to know you better, and you're just blowing me off," I fake-pouted and crossed my arms over my chest making my boobs come out of my shirt more than they already were.

     "I don't remember asking for it, do you?" he now turned to look at me, an eyebrow raised in question.

     "No..."

     "Then no love lost," he turned away from me, ending the conversation. 

     Angry and determined to not let this guy end the conversation on his terms, I had to think of a new way to get him to talk. No one ever ends a conversation with me. No GUY ever wants to end a conversation with me. 

     "So Mr. Mystery-Man, how about I let you buy me an iced-tea from Starbucks? It's only around the corner." I fluttered my eyelashes and pretended to remove a hair from his shoulder.

     "How about I let you go make me a sandwich?" he now turned back to me, his face emotionless.

     "You sexist pig!" I screamed. We were in America, does he not know better than to make such a sexist remark as that? I don't know how they treat women over in England, but they do not treat women so disrespectfully here.

     "I? Sexist?" he now seemed to be angry, "Why do you assume I should treat you? YOU were the one asking me to take you out. Why do women automatically assume the men will be paying for everything? You, my dear, are the sexist in this conversation."

     I looked at him, my mouth hanging open. How could I counter that? All the wit and flirtatious sarcasm I usually would use at time like this had left me. I was completely blank. Like when you're taking a test at school and you become so stressed when in the middle of it you forget everything.

     "Shut your mouth, babe, you'll catch flies," he said in a dull tone, and lightly tapped my jaw shut.

     What the hell was the matter with this guy? Was he even from Earth? Has ever socialized before? Did his parents keep him locked up in a room and he finally escaped? 

     "So Aislinn, was there really any reason you wanted to talk with me or did you just want to attempt to flirt?" he cocked an eyebrow at me, a humorous glint in his eye.

     I didn't know how to reply. He was so blunt when asking. He didn't sugar coat anything. For the first time in my life a guy had made me speechless.