Inspiration (An Authors Note)

The inspiration for this story was through the song “It’s Time” by Imagine Dragons. Although the song doesn’t really relate to this story all that much, it had just a few words that did give me the idea for this story… I’m never changing who I am.

      The title didn’t come as easily to me as it did for some of the other stories I’ve written. I had the entire idea and storyline all written and planned out, but I was lost as to what to title it. I wanted some catchy and inspiring. When listening to the song “Long Live” by Taylor Swift, I then thought it would be the perfect title for this book. I’ve always wanted to incorporate the title of the book into the story, where a character says the words, or it had something to do with the story, and I finally did with this book.

     Although reading and just living life are a huge inspiration for writing, music is even bigger. Sometimes it’s just the beat of the song that gives me an idea, or the words, or even just the title. Music has inspired most of my writing, currently, so whenever I’m in a writer’s block I’ll just listen to the song(s) that inspired me to write the book and it helps.  

     Long Live has definitely expanded my writing capabilities. I never honestly thought that I could write a sad ending that would make anyone feel emotional, much less cry. It really meant so much that I could touch people with this story. As much as I hate to admit it, I was getting a littke choked up when I was writing out Crispin's death. You get attached to your characters after writing about them for so long.

     I hope that my readers have gotten inspiration from this story. Just be who you are, don't worry if someone doesn't like you. Your life is about you, no one else. Live it to the fullest, like Crispin did. 

      So thanks so much all of you who have read Long Live. Thank you for all the encouraging comments, I don't think I could have finished the story without you. And I mean that. I hope you will stick around and read my other works that I will be posting. It really means a lot when I see that people like what I'm writing. 

      Until next time,

     Kaila