Script One: The Cupcake's Twist

Script One:

The Cupcake’s Twist

(Yumi)

~+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+~

“I love you.”

“I love you.”

“I love you.”

“Yumi!”

I woke up with a start and blinked.

A dream.

So… it was all but a dream. A long, weird dream… a whisper of the stars.

“Yumi!”

I sighed and got up. I yawned and glanced at the window.

Rain?

Weird.

The rain continued dancing outside, showering the earth with its blessing.

My name is Yumi Diaz.

And I just had a long, weird dream,

A dream.

It had all been but a dream.

~+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+~

My eyes flew open. Everything came to me at the same time—people everywhere pushing and pulling their baggage, talking as they came and went, complaining to the staff at the check-in desk, running for their flights, and hugging one another in greeting. I could already hear different sounds of vehicles outside the busy streets and the announcement of different flights on the loudspeaker.

I pulled my trolley bag and scanned the place. I actually could no longer recognize the interior of the airport. Were eight years that long? Maybe.

I pulled my trolley bag again and decided to head toward the exit. I wasn’t about to waste my time here in the airport waiting for Scarlet, so I decided to leave on my own. When I finally got out, the expected busy street greeted me.

I had to blink, but after a few seconds, I smiled widely.

“Welcome me back, Isla,” I whispered.

Before I could hail an airport taxi, I heard a familiar frantic voice.

“Boss! OMG, Boss!”

I turned around and saw Scarlet waving at me. I raised an eyebrow. “So what happened to that tarpaulin you promised me the moment I stepped out of the plane?” I asked.

“Naman, Boss! I was stuck in the traffic kaya!” he protested. “Here, oh!”

He held out mini-tarpaulin that said:

Welcome Back, Yumi Diaz!

People started looking at us, so I told him to hide it away. “Gee, you took it seriously,” I muttered, shaking my head.

“Of course! FYI, Boss, best quality ang tarpaulin na ‘to!”

“Never mind. Here,” I said, giving him my trolley bag.

He took it from me. “Wait lang, Boss, ha. I’ll call for the car and—”

“Okay, I’ll go ahead, then,” I said.

He blinked and gave me a panicked look. “Boss! Saan ka pupunta?”

“Diyan lang,” I answered.