Not You (part 1)

The burning was unbearable. Spreading through Gaius' body with no mercy. Searing his mind into sludge that he could barely hear the audible demand his torturer was making.

"Who...is...Emrys?" He asked.

Gaius tried to hold back. But the heat was making his mind useless. He was not able to think of the consequences it would have on the poor boy whose name he was about to utter.

"Merlin..." Saying his name out loud is what brought Gaius back to his state of sanity. "Knows..." He recovered. "He knows..." Gaius took a shaky breath. "Of who you speak..." It wasn't ideal. They still now knew the name of Merlin. But it was better than Morgana knowing Merlin is Emrys.

The burning stopped, and Gaius was able to relax. Though he was utterly ashamed of what he may have now brought upon Merlin.

Alator exists the room, off to find Lady Morgana.

***

"Sire!" Gwaine bows.

"Speak your mind, Gwaine." Arthur said.

"It's Merlin, My Lord."

"What about him?"

"He has found Gaius. He wasn't a traitor after all. But he's going after him, alone. I couldn't stop him, Sire. I fear he may get hurt."

Arthur pondered this for a moment. "Are you sure that Gaius was really abducted?"

"Yes, Sire." Gwaine nodded.

"Do you know where he is?" Author asked. Gwaine nodded. "Then we shall help him. Gather the knights. We're heading there now."

***

Merlin rode full speed through the woods. Whatever reason they had for taking Gaius, it couldn't be good. He could even be hurt...or worse.

Suddenly Merlin's horse reared, throwing Merlin off. There and been a snake. He wasn't badly injured, just a twisted ankle. But the more time he wasted, the closer Gaius could be to death.

•••

Merlin had just arrived at the Ridge of Chemary when he heard more pounding of horse hooves behind him. He turned quickly - sure he was in trouble - to find only the knights of Camelot. King Arthur, Sir Gwaine, Sir Percival, Sir Elyan and Sir Leon.

"Merlin!" Arthur said. "It's a good thing you're not very good on a horse otherwise we might not have caught up with you."

"What are you doing here?" Merlin asked, glancing at Gwaine. He only shrugged.

"I think you're right. About Gaius not being a traitor." He replied. "I want to help." He then continued to dismount his horse, the others following his lead. Merlin only stared, stunned. "Come on, then." Arthur said, pushing past Merlin and into the cave.

Merlin still stared, dumbfounded, as the other knights followed their kings lead. That is, until Gwaine. "Come on, Mate." He said, padding him on the back. Merlin stared at him, giving him an odd look. "Fine, then." Gwaine said and he pushed Merlin inside.

***

Agravaine rode his horse as fast as possible to get to Morgana. He soon arrived.

He burst through the door, not wasting anytime. "It's Merlin, he's onto us. Gone to find Gaius as we speak. He may even know here he is." Morgana rushed out the door, not wanting to waste another second.