Chapter Two: Team Lightyear

Braedey's eyes began to slowly flutter open as he groaned in discomfort. Whatever had just happened had certainly puts his innards through the ringer, that's for sure. He placed his hand on his forehead. "Ugh... I feel like my stomach has just switched places with my liver." He muttered to himself.

After a brief moment, Braedey's eyes finally adjusted and allowed him to open them completely. Once he did, he struggled to sit up straight, as he had been lying on his back, and began to take in his surroundings. He saw that he was still on the bridge of the Omega Shuttle, but he was in shock of what has occurred around him; electrical wires, cables, lights, and other such parts were scattered all across the floor, hanging from the roof and the walls, and many of the ship's control screens were either broken or destroyed.

"What in the AllSpark..." Braedey muttered to himself. He opened his helmet, taking it off and placing it on the console next to him. "Perhaps the Spacebridge Jump must've caused some damage to the vessel." He picked up and threw away some scrap metal lying on the main console, and he saw it was still functional, albeit out of power. "Okay, everything seems intact."

Braedey decided to see if the communications systems were operative. He tapped the Transformatrix dial, activating the Comms link. "Braedey Martin to Cybertron Control. Come in, Cybertron Control." He spoke on Comms, but he got no response; all he could hear was static. He raised an eyebrow, while trying again. "Cybertron Control, this is Braedey Martin. Do you copy?" He asked, but again, all he got was static. Braedey then looked concerned. He tried once again. "Cybertron Control, come in. Do you read me?" He asked finally, but again, he got only static. Braedey shook his head, now having a thought. "Something must've damaged and taken out the communications system."

Braedey then gasped as he looked at something at the back of the bridge. "The communications panel!" He sprinted over to the many computer boards and panels, pulling out the one containing the communications system, only to see the panel and processors were destroyed and heavily damaged. "Scrap. The whole panel's wrecked. It'll take me months to fix this. And I can't use Morpher to repair the damage. It's too complicated to repair on my own."

Braedey placed the panel back into its hold, and he walked back over to the main console. He tapped on a few keys, and amazingly, the operating systems came to life, with backup lights coming online, as well as the main dials. He breathed a relaxed sigh, knowing the backup generators are operational, so the oxygen scrubbers and some electrics were running. He then made his way down to the engine bay, and to his frustration, he saw the engines have gone into lockdown mode, and they won't restart for 24 hours. With that on his mind, he heads back up to the bridge, putting on the helmet and sealing it tight, and he falls asleep.

~*~*~

Meanwhile, in the depths of space, a streamlined spacecraft could be seen racing across the stars of space, its engine running at full power, as it traversed its way to an unknown location.

The vessel is decorated in purple, green and white. The ship itself is designed like that of a rocket ship, with a pointed bow and round body shape. On the side of the ship is a number '42' embossed in blue and surrounded by a pair of wings as the emblem. It has two large wings on both port and starboard sides, in purple with red lining, to help keep the ship in flight. It can also possess four fins attached to the stern that are used for landing, and the main engine being located at the stern.