seven

the doorbell rang, signaling that nick and his little sister were there and sage was beyond excited to just hang out with him and get to know him, as well as meet his little sister.

if she was even half as precious as her older brother, then she'd be the cutest kid sage had ever saw.

"i got it, mom! it's nick and his little sister!" sage yelled to her parents while jogging down the stairs, though they were in the living room anyway.

"okay, honey." her mother said, so excited to meet the boy who'd seemingly been making her daughter smile. whether they were just friends or more than that didn't matter. he was making her happy, and her mother loved to see it.

she reached the door, pulling it open to see his face. he looked a lot cozier than he did at school, and he had a ton of candy in his hands, as well as a single red rose.

sage scrunched her face up at it. not that she didn't love that he bought her a flower. she was just confused. was he like...into her? was this a date? this isn't a date. he doesn't like her. why did he bring her this rose?

she thought about all of this in the split second she looked at it before he pulled her into a hug.

"hey, sage." he said, smiling at her. she also looked a lot cozier now that she had traded her mini skirt and boots for sweatpants and slippers, but she still wore the white turtleneck.

"hi." she said, taking some of the candy from him before her dropped it.

she stepped back, opening the door in order for nick to step in, pulling the little girl behind him.

sage looked down at her, squealing at how cute she was.

she wore a normal outfit. pink joggers and a white t-shirt that had some saying on it like "glitter and giggles" or some shit. most importantly, she had the cutest little princess tiara on her head.

"hi, sage." the little girl spoke, waving shyly at the older girl in front of her.

sage put her hands over her heart, pouting at how unbelievably adorable the child was, before squatting to match the child's height and putting her arms out for a hug.

the girl ran into sage's arms, letting out an animated giggle.

"hi, what's your name?" she asked in a soft voice and the little girl looked up, as if thinking.

"guess!" she says, and sage acts like she's thinking for a bit.

"i can't!" sage dramatically sighs. "i bet it's too pretty for me to guess."

the little girl sassily puts her hand on her hip "okay, i guess i'll tell you. but only 'cause you're pretty." she said, making sage wanna cry because she was so cute.

"my name is gianna." she says and sage acts shocked.

"oh my gosh, it is too pretty for me to guess." she says and the little girl hides behind her brother's leg, mumbling "thank you." shyly.

sage stood up straight, facing nick. "she is so precious." she says in a high pitches voice and nick chuckles. "so are you." he says under his breath so sage doesn't hear it.

he looks down at the rose, realizing it's probably freaking her out. "uh- gia wanted me to buy you this rose. we went to the store to get candy for what she thinks is a 'play date'. i told her we were just gonna come here but-" sage smirks slightly. he was rambling. did she make him nervous? "anyway, we passed the flowers and she insisted that i buy you one. so.." he handed it to her awkwardly and she gladly took the rose from him.