Escape Route

Chris turned to get his clothes and walk out of Vanessa's house. The only thing on his mind now was, whatever Val was doing.

He swiftly grabbed his shirt and looked back over at the window. And oddly, she wasn't there. She had just fucking vanished. Like that really good joke about boosting until it was ruined by yours truly, alexbitch.

He looked around Vanessa's room anxiously. What had he just done? Was Val upset at him? It was true that Val wanted him to do this but. Maybe this was a test for him. To prove how loyal he is to her or something? He should've trusted his gut when she stared at him trough the window and didn't give a sign back.

He was almost done putting his clothes on now. He was now headed towards the door. His hand gripped onto the doorknob without yet twisting it. And on the other end. He could feel it being opened.

Vanessa watched as the doorknob shook and hid under her cover. Pretending to be sleep. She wasn't going down for this.

He took a step back and looked at the door confused. "Fuck" Chris went as panic came over him, because if her brother or anyone else opened the door and looked in to see a lightly toasted man in Vanessa's room while she slept off the crazy night she had. That would be more than just bad.

His head whipped around and looked at the window. Jumping out the window could possibly be bad, though he was confident in the result. But that couldn't have been the only option? It was also a possibility that he could jump into the window of his house. However it was hard to tell if it was even open. And Val wasn't there to confirm the state of the window. But none of that mattered now.

Because it was too late.

The door was opening and a foot had stepped in.
Chris's anxiety fired up.
The door was pushed halfway open, slowly as if to delay something.
Chris searched for a hiding spot inside her room like maybe under her bead or a closet?
But the door was now open.
And Chris stood their with a very confused expression oh his face.