A New Job

The first thing Skull noticed about the man was his, frankly, absurdly long beard. It was a rich brown color. One akin to coffee. The rest of him however wasn't anything extraordinary or deviant from the norm.

 Tanned skin, short curly hair, and a stature that was startlingly average,  and if it wasn't for the beard, no one would look twice. It was at this moment Skull realized he had been silent for several moments and the man was looking worried. 

Taking a moment to organize his wayward thoughts, he put on what was (hopefully) a polite smile and in the most apologetic tone possible said,

"Excuse me? Im afraid I didn't quite catch that,"

The man just looked at him for several moments before opening his mouth as if to argue, then closing it rather abruptly and his face taking on a considering look. Eventually, after what seemed like more than a few minutes of indecision, he spoke once again. 

"If im remembering correctly, when you came in you were looking at that piano, yes?"

Skull nodded mutely.

"You wouldn't, by any chance looking to apply for the pianist job, would you?"

Skull nodded once again.

"I see. In that case, Ill set up an interview and give you a call when im ready,".

The two exchanged numbers and with no small amount of deliberation, Skull added his other contact information just in case. As soon as that was done however. The man quickly kicked him out of the shop.

Skull was halfway down the street before he realized he never even got a name! The rest of the way home, he mumbled about annoying shopkeepers and resumes. Now all he needed to do was check on what the rest of the arcobaleno were up to, and he was free to relax.

Skull thought to himself, "Yes, Netflix and Chill sounds nice,".

End chapter

I will be going back and editing my earlier chapters and changing some of the wording. I reread them recently and the sentence structure as well as the wording was making me cringe.

I wrote this instead of studying for my science quiz, Im going to fail  no doubt about it.

And I know its early but Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy the upcoming holidays.