Missions And Llamas

Skull bit back a groan at the sight that greeted him. He forgot.

Great, just great.

Skull snorted, of course his luck is just that bad.... and weird.

There were llamas in his living room. How did this even happen? Well, let's go back a few hours.

Flashback

"Damn,lackey!Stop getting in the way! If you cant help go bind behind the wall!"

"Fine!Damn Reborn,". Skull complied with his requests grumbling the whole time.

The mission was to investigate a small, but powerful, family. There had been whispers of an alliance between some of the more unsavory groups. Luce, as a ''good'' Mafia doness had the arcobaleno take care of it.

They had been doing just fine, but then Verde started insulting Skull over how ungraceful his movements had been at the beginning. 

Now, let it be clear, Skull did not see himself as a petty person. However being 300 years old meant he had practically run out of entertainment. So, in response to the taunting, he decided to alleviate his boredom by messing up the mission, nothing too hurtful of course, that wouldn't be good.

This supposed blunder, had further cemented his status as the weakest in the yes and minds of the group.

When Skull heard enemy's coming, he decided to play a practical joke and "accidentally" pushed Reborn out of the safety of Vipers illusion. And then, it was chaos. Pure chaos.

Long story short, everyone got pissed off. There was a lo of yelling, and explosions. The bruises would take a while to fade, Skull found it all quite funny.

Now, as to how he acquired the llama, It was quite simple, no, really.

During the raid at the enemy facility, they had found modified llamas. From what little information they had been able to uncover, the facility was the center of flame experimentation in that particular area. The Llamas, which had been raised specially within the facility, had been fed flames. 

This was done to collect data on how non active animals bred in captivity reacted to the situation. In the end the llamas didn't have much of a reaction and scientists were still trying to figure out why. This was around the time Skull and the others interrupted with their mission. 

Nonetheless it was still interesting to read about, even if the choice of animal seemed a little strange. But as punishment for ruining the mission, even if they still succeeded, Skull was forced to take in the llamas, but not without proper veterinarians treating them first.

Even though they were stupid to dismiss him so easily, Skull had to admit, these people weren't fools, ... most of the time.

Flashback End 

Anyways today he had a performance scheduled as the famous musician, Allen D.Campbell. This would be his last concert, before Allen died mysteriously and Skull got himself a new job.

 Having reminded himself of his current task, Skull turned back to the mirror.

Quickly focusing, Skull expertly used his mist flames to make warp his figure and transform. It was an interesting sight to behold in the mirror. 

He didn't think he'd ever get used to how his figure blurred and twisted, then came out looking completely different. 

But at least it didn't completely freak him out like the first time. Skull had literally fallen over in shock, still not used to his new circumstances. Thank goodness for small victories.

After a quick mental cheer, he was on his way.

He hurriedly walked out of his apartment, ignoring the llamas, and marched to the parking lot, getting into his beaten red car an driving off.

When he got their Skull saw something interesting. It would seem that Verde was a music lover, unexpected, but not inconceivable. He was sitting in the middle of the audience, and seemed completely normal, if not a bit more animated then usual. 

Skull didn't get a chance to get closer, as he had caught a glimpse of his watch and saw that if he loitered any longer, he wouldn't be ready in time for the opening number. 

When his performance finally started, only half an hour later he played the fourteenth's song. Everyone loved it. And after the show people had been crowding to ask about it, but thankfully I managed to escape them.

Thankfully, Verde was not among them, It would have been strange and jarring to see it.

When Skull got back to his small apartment he was exhausted, he just wanted rest. So he took a shower and let the illusion of another person melt away. The arcobaleno had been told the day before they had a mission tomorrow so he wanted to look his best.

So with those thoughts weighing heavily on Skulls mind, he went to sleep for what would be the last time in years. But he didn't suspect, or know that, of course.

After all why would he?

The next day everything would go wrong.

This was originally written 4/18/19. This was heavily edited 1/9/20. I have added almost 500 words to this. Also thank you for 2k reads. I never thought I would ever get this far. I though id get 100 at most! I am so thankful and I hope people continue to enjoy this. I will do my best to increase the length and frequency of my chapters as well.