13th May 2014

Storm clouds gathered on the horizon, darkening the afternoon earlier than expected. No light shone through the windows of the great hall, no lights had been lit and in the shadows of the room the King sat on his throne. A grave like silence filled the air  which was about as deafening as a thousand voices. 

It was making it impossible to think.

He knew of course, that blaming his self-imposed solitude for that setback was pointless. There was no denying the true reason why he couldn't focus, couldn't get anything done, couldn't forget the jolt that made him feel alive for the first time he could remember. It was as if his lifetime had been condensed down into one entire second; a single touch. 

One.

Fucking.

Kiss.

The contents of his glass were swallowed down in one gulp, instantly refilling as he returned it to the arm rest of the chair. Tilting his head back into the cushion of the headrest a loud sigh broke the quiet, though the growl it ended with had him up and pacing, cursing himself and her and every damn thing that had ever happened in his life until the main door was opened and light exploded into the room.

"You are in here!" The relief in her tone should have made him feel guilty. It didn't. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

He didn't response, choosing instead to flop down into his chair. She paused in front of him, suspicion in her eyes as they narrowed on his drunken form. 

"Did you do it?" Her tone as sharp as her gaze.

Again he didn't respond, yet the cloud that hung over him was as dark as those outside. She knew these moods were generally caused by one thing and that should have finally been dealt with despite her best efforts.

"You are the most powerful King this land has ever had. No one can stop you now. The world is ours." She purred, climbing onto his lap.

Her nose ran along his jawline as hands slipped over his shoulders before coming back to the buttons on his shirt. She kissed his neck, nudged his ear and as the toned muscle of his chest was revealed, never had she found him more appealing. With the creature gone, he was hers. So why he sat there so stoic. He may as well have been one of the statues that resided in the hall.

"My King, destroyer of the God Killer." He flinched, the first response she had managed to get from him making her pause. "You did, obliterate her, didn't you?"

The King couldn't answer.

The plan had failed. He had not destroyed the God Killer, rather she had destroyed him.

"I did." He lied; forcing himself to believe it. He pushed her off his lap, dismissing her with a flick of his wrist. "So go and spread the word. The God Killer is no more."

She hid her disappointment as well he hid his lie, but with the end in sight, she submitted this time. Her final move would come soon enough and then she would rightfully claim the throne beside his as had been her intention all along. With the final obstacle removed, it would only be a matter of time. Luckily she had patience.

"As you wish, my King."