Chapter XIV - Not quite the end

Y/n's POV

'When will she wake up?'

'Minutes.. days... months..'

'Months!? Is she going to be okay?'

'Yes, she should be. She'd lost a lot of blood though, so it might just take a while.'

'As long as she's alright..'

'I'll be back later, you may stay if you'd like.'

'I'll stay. I don't want to leave her alone in case she wakes up.'

'Okay. Goodbye, Mr. Dawson.'

'Bye..'

I kept my eyes closed, listening to the conversation around me. I was confused and didn't understand what was going on. I then felt a soft hand grab mine, rubbing it with their thumb.

'Cherry, please wake up... I miss you..'

I felt stupid for not recognizing the voice. It was Jack.

I slowly opened my eyes, as it was blurry when I first opened them.

'J-Jack?' I stared at the tan boy in front of me, who was still handsome even in his worst times.

His eyes jolted at me, and he grinned.

'You're okay! You scared me..'

I placed my hand on his cheek. 'Of course, I'm okay,' I laughed.  'How about you? Are you alright?'

He nodded, still grinning.

'Good. Now i'm starving, can we go get some food?'

'Are you sure you'll be fine to walk?'

'Maybe not running on a sinking ship, but I should be okay to walk down a few hallways.'

'Okay.' He laughed, then helped me up.

We opened the door, then Jack quickly pulled me back into the room and closed the door.

'What are you doing?'

'William.' He gulped.

'Shit. I forgot about him. How is he alive?'

'He got on the last boat.. I think..'

'I don't care if he see's me or us together.'

He gulped. 'Are you sure? He might try something like he did on the ship..'

'We have stuff against him, Remember?'

'True, but still.'

'C'mon.. We'll be fine!' I smiled and pulled him out into the hallway.

'If you say so,' He laughed.'

As soon as we walked into the hallway William saw us right away, and ran up to me pulling me into a tight hug.

'Don't touch her.' Jack spat out as he pushed him off and stood in-front of me protectively.

'Do you speak for her now?' Will gave Jack a dirty look.

'No I don't, actually. I just noticed how uncomfortable she was. I don't think she likes hugging the man who abused and tried to kill her.'

William did a nervous laugh. 'A-abuse? Kill her? That water must have gone to your brain.'

I noticed Jack clench his fist, so I grabbed his hand.

'Now come, y/n. Your mother and I have been worried sick! I hope it's okay with you that we postponed the wedding, considering what happened.'

'No. I will not be going with you. I'd rather stay with Jack, the man I love.'

He looked down at mine and Jack's hands, then back at us with an evil look. 'For now.'

He walked away with me and Jack gulping.

'W-what do you think he meant by that?' I looked at Jack.

'I-I don't know.. Whatever he meant it can't be good. But.. hey, whatever it is we can face it. We've faced him before.' He squeezed my hand, and gave me a half-smile. He was trying to act like it was okay, but I could see the fear in his eyes.

'Jack, I can tell when you're scared. And right now I can see the fear in your eyes.' I sighed.

'I'm fine.' He laughed nervously. 

'Let's just go get food.'

'Yeah.. I just hope it's good. I'm gonna be seasick every single time i'm on a ship after what happened.

'Me too.'

'I want to stay like this forever, me and you doing normal couple things, not in secret.'

'Then we will.'

'Promise?'

'Promise.'

'I love you, My little Cherry,'

We didn't see William or my mother the rest of our time on Carpathia. Jack and I got off the ship together, as promised, and we ended up getting a small apartment in New York as promised. We never found out what William meant, in fact, we never saw that cruel man again. And I couldn't be happier.

THE END