You Can Count On Christmas

I know what you're going to ask me, so I'll answer it for you... Cassandra is the one with the eyebrows. Enjoy!

Harmony snuck out of bed at 10:23. She was just too excited to sleep. She ran to the main hall and marveled at the sight of the beautiful tree decorated with lights, tinsel, and sparkly ornaments. Wiping her snout with her tiny red wing, Harmony approached the tree and reached for the branches. Unfortunately, an ornament fell off and shattered as it hit the floor. Harmony squealed a little and stumbled backwards.

“Oops," she muttered.

“Harmony, was that you?" a familiar voice called out. Harmony noticed her mother heading into the room. “You know you're not supposed to be up past 8:30."

“You know I can't tell time," Harmony pointed out.

“Don't sass me, little lady," Red said, feeling annoyed. Harmony's brown eyes widened as tears threatened to fall. “Oh, I can't stay angry at you."

“Is Papa awake, too?"

“No, he can sleep through anything," Red laughed, scooping her daughter up into her arms. “Let's get you back to bed."

Harmony wasn't even four yet, and she was already full of curiosity. It was one of many things she got from her mother, despite the fact she looked more like a pig than a bird.

“Mama, when you were little, did you get as excited about Christmas as much as I do?" she asked in a whisper, not wanting to wake her fluffier sister, Cassandra.

“Believe it or not, it wasn't until after I met your papa when birds started celebrating Christmas," Red answered as she tucked her daughter in bed.

“Shut up!"

“Harmony..." Red scolded.

“Sorry."

Red smiled and kissed her forehead. “Yeah, there was a time when no one had even heard of Christmas on Bird Island."

“Could you tell me about it? Pretty please?" Harmony begged her mother.

“If it'll get you to go to sleep."

🎄🎅🦌⛄🌟❄️🎄🎅🦌⛄🌟❄️

Red was just sunbathing on the beaches of Bird Island when she noticed a giant cargo ship headed for Piggy Island.

“What's in there?" she said to herself. Curious, Red launched herself off a slingshot, flew across the ocean and landed on Piggy Island just as the ship docked. Each of the pigs were pulling an odd-looking tree off the ship and dragged them into the city. Red noticed Courtney struggling with hers, however.