Chapter 2

He stared at me for a few seconds so I decided to break the silence by clearing my throat deliberately loud.

THUMP

I groaned in pain and glared up at him.

I could see him trying to control a smile.

"Don't you dare laugh at me. " I said pointedly.

"I'm not laughing at all, not at all... " He trys to defend himself but then puts his fist in his mouth to try and hide the obvious grin coming on.

I sighed and replied "Are you gonna help me or stand there looking like a twat?"

"Excuse me?"

"You're standing there laughing at a girl lying on the floor, what do you think it looks like?"

"Hey i'm not laughing!"

I held my hand out and looked at him with both eyebrows raised. He finally seemed to get the message and helped me up.

"Okay i'm sorry." 

I tilted my head back and breathed a sigh of relief. "Finally! " I groaned.

"I still wasn't laughing..."

I instantly snapped my head to look at him. I glared at him for what seemes the millionth time, but this time it was a fake one. I was starting to find the matter quite amusing.

Dan saw right through my glare and gave a big grin.

I couldn't help but smile. How could you not?

I took this moment as a chance to have a good look at him. Not that I didn't get a good look earlier. My thoughts were just occupied with the fact he could be a pedophile. 

Anyway, he had brown hair in a fringe that swooped to the right. And deep brown eyes to acompany it. He was quite tall aswell. I thought I was tall but the hieght difference was ridiculous!  He must be at least 6ft 2. He wore a plain black t-shirt with a no-arm leather jacket on top and black skinny jeans. How colourful.

"I feel like we should probably start again. What do you say?" He started

"That would be a good idea."

"Hi, I'm Dan. And you are?" He introduced himself cheerily. His outfit deffinitly did not represent his personality.

"Sophie, pleased to meet you."

"Now Sophie, it seems you spilt your drink.."

"And it still burns like a motherfucker." I pointed out.

"..So would you like to buy me another one?"

I was of course flattered but no way am i letting him buy me a drink. I have way too much pride for that, I can get it myself. I can be very stubborn when i want to.

"You can accompany me if you'd like?"

"Okay then." He looked at me with a devilish grin. He wasn't gonna let me pay. It was obvious. Iv'e got a few tricks up my sleeve though, don't you worry.

I turned round to Chance who had been waiting patiently behind me. I tied him up to where he had been before. He looked up at me with sad eyes while his ears and tail drooped. I scratched behind his ear and whispered "I'll be back soon buddy, We'll go to the pet shop when I get back as well!" He instantly brightened up and wagged his tail happily. I don't know if he understood what i said but he certainly knows the words 'pet shop'. 

I turned back round to Dan and we walked back in to Costa.

"Right you go grab a table while i get the drinks. ok?" I said to him. 

He nodded and went to grab a table while I turned around and headed towards the queue. 

The line wasn't that long, luckily, so i got to order quickly.

"2 white hot chocolates, please." The girl behind the counter raised her eyebrow at me. It was the same one from earlier so I can understand why. 

She shrugged and turned around to make them

I had my 5 pound note in my habd ready to pay. I was about to hand it over when it was snatched out of my hand. And a different one was handed over the counter. I turned around to see Dan standing there with a smirk on his face. 

"Don't accept it!" I exclaimed as I glanced back at the girl. 

I turned to glare at Dan and went for my money in his hand. It was the only money I had with me so I couldn't get more out. 

He put his arm above his head and out of my reach. I know I said I had tricks up my sleeve, but none of them accounted for his BFG like hieght.

I jumped up and down trying to get his hand but it didn't work. He smirked down at me then looked over to the girl behind the counter and said "Accept the money."

She shrugged again and accepted the money. Once he was sure she had he gave me back the money.

"Keep it." I was the one smirking now. Officially out smarted. That doesn't happen often.

He simply put it in my pocket while I looked at him in disbelief. He picked up the white hot chocolates and beckoned me to follow him with his head. He still had that damn smirk on his face.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked as we sat at the table.

"Why wouldn't I? I've got to prove my masculinity somehow. Plus the guy always pays!"

"I don't think you've quite proved your masculinity yet."

"Why?"

"I don't think paying for something counts towards that."

"You obviously have no idea how boys minds work."

"I'm not sure I want to."

We then argued for the next 10 minutes on how a boy proves his masculinity. Dan won considering he is a boy. I had no chance but as I said I'm stubborn.

Dan's phone pinged signaling he had a text. He checked it and said "Thats my flatmate Phil. Hes wondering where I am, I better go."

The smile that hadn't stopped since we sat down instantly dropped. "Oh."

"We should deffinitly do this again sometime." 

I smiled at the thought of seeing him again and replied "You bet."

We exchanged phone numbers and we walked out of Costa.

I untied Chance from where he was and Chance ran straight to Dan jumping up at him. They had already developed some sort of bond by the looks of it.

I brought Chance to stand back next to me while Dan gave him a last scratch behind the ear. (Chance's favourite place to be stroked if you hadn't guessed by now.)

Dan stepped back. "See you soon?" He asked hopefully.

I grinned at him and repied "Deffinitly."

He started walking away waving and I waved back. Chance barked sadly as his new friend walked away. Dan shouted "Bye Chance!"

Chance barked again then his ears and tail dropped. I kneeled down to his height. "Pet shop?" I asked him. And he instantly perked up again.

A/N

Word Count: 1,160

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I've decided I will upload every fortnight on a friday. If I feel like it, maybe once a week. It will aelways be on a friday though :)

Tell me what you think in the comments and tell me if there are any grammar mistakes to fix

~Lauren <3