(3) You Love Me Even When I Barf All Over You

Austyn

"Welcome back to 105.5, the Bay Area's hit music station. Heath and Austyn here on this beautiful fall morning."

I wish I could smack that smug smile right off his face.

I force a smile across my lips at my douchebag of a co-host.

"Did you have a good weekend, Austyn?" Heath asks, his eyebrows raising animatedly back at me from behind his microphone.

It's a difficult task to hide my disdain for Heath on air, but I come to work every day prepared for the potential innuendos and degrading comments he will throw at me.

"Actually, I had a great weekend," I speak clearly into the microphone in front of me. "Avery and I were finally able to put our camping gear to good use."

"Uh oh," Heath speaks in an overly sarcastic tone. "Austyn out in the wilderness? Everyone take cover!" He laughs at his lame joke.

"Very funny." I roll my eyes back at him.

"No, seriously," he continues between a round of chuckles. "Weren't you worried about breaking a nail?"

Breathe Austyn, just breathe. You can imagine all the ways you can murder him in his sleep when you get home.

That's become my mantra the past year since 105.5 paired us up for our morning show, the Vibe.

The producers had showed up at my desk one day with a stack of papers basically showing that our two slots were the most listened to on the entire station. So naturally, they wanted to capitalize on it. People loved Heath's brash and blunt nature, although it was beyond me why and they seemed to adore my sweet and genuine disposition.

Arnold, my producer said it would be a modern day Beauty & the Beast. In other words, crack for our listeners.

Although I'm known for my kind nature, everyone around the studio knows I won't put up with Heath's shit. They predicted it would be a hit and it was. It wasn't long before we became the highest ranking slot in morning radio across California, Oregon, and Washington. I can't blame them; they know what sells.

"You're hilarious, Heath, have you ever thought about going into stand up?" I ask, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"No one appreciates me as much as you do, Austyn." Heath shifts his brown eyes to me quickly, a smile playing upon his lips.

"We have quite a few surprises in store for you guys today, Jaxon Colby will be in the studio later to discuss his third album release, Anchored, and you will have a chance to win tickets to his show next month at the Reve Theatre. It's Monday, so we want to know your most embarrassing hook-up stories for a chance at five hundred dollars. And don't forget, 105.5 is paying your bills all the way through the end of the month, so send them our way for a chance at the Vibe paying it in full! Make sure to stick around for all our Monday Madness Fun."

The music begins playing and I notice Heath remove his headset and make his way toward me. His thick dark hair appears to be a little disheveled and the bags under his eyes tell me he must have had a rough night.

I glance from his face to his attire.

Definitely not your best hour, Heath.

Although he attempted to wear a button down shirt and slacks, his blue shirt looks as if it desperately needed a date with an iron and I may be hallucinating, but it seems as though he is wearing two mismatched socks. It's difficult not to laugh at his unkempt state.

"Long night?" I address him, nodding my head at his overall appearance.

"You could say that." He smiles cockily, baring his gleaming pearly whites.