(1) From the First Moment I Laid Eyes on You

Austyn

We lock eyes from across the room and I quickly blush, breaking the stare. His green eyes have me entranced for a moment too long there.

I feel an arm snaking around my neck and my nose scrunches up in fake disgust. "Better quit that, or people will think we are together!" I playfully push my cousin Lee away from me.

"What? You don't find this attractive?" He looks offended, but only slightly.

I can't help but smile. "You're disgusting, you know that?" I turn my attention back on the mysterious cutie across the room, hoping he didn't catch Lee's dumb move from a few seconds ago.

I can't be too upset with Lee, he's the reason we are on this adventure to begin with. He's always been the big brother I never had; providing for me whenever necessary. He was able to get me out of college for a week, so I am forever grateful.

I've never been to the Bahamas before. I've never really been out of the state of California, so the trip has me all sorts of anxious. I can't wait to break out our stash of alcohol we so swiftly snuck into our cabin, but all in good time. Lee and I are on the observation deck as the ship takes off.

"Don't look now, but I think someone has the hots for you," Lee whispers into my ear.

I can't help looking around wildly, hoping it is the cutie from earlier. "Where?"

"Don't make it obvious or anything." Lee chuckles to himself.

I elbow him in the chest when he least expects it causing him to back up in surrender. "I'm just being a good wing man."

"Seriously." Again my eyes scan the room madly. "Which one was it?"

That dumb ass is smiling back, knowing he has the upper hand as always.

"You're an ass—you know that right?" He always finds a way to piss me off. I begin to walk away when I feel him grab my arm to stop me.

"He's going to be too intimidated with me standing here with you. I'm going to go back to the room, and why don't you invite him back—we can drink and get to know him in a laid back atmosphere."

"Which one?" I ask for what I hope to be the last time.

"Skater boy," he spits out before turning around and heading to our cabin.

I sneak a glance across the deck one more time. The stranger's eyes are fixated on me. My heart begins racing as I slowly make my way across the observation deck towards the hippie looking male. To my surprise, he sees me approaching and begins to make his way towards me; we end up meeting in the middle.

He has longer shaggy blond hair and the most piercing green eyes. I find myself searching for my words.

"Hey, how's it going?" he finally breaks the uncomfortable silence, smiling, his eyes twinkling as he does so.

"Hi." I smile politely. "I'm Austyn."

"Avery," he replies, his eyes intently on mine. "So—the Bahamas..." he fills in the awkward silence. "Ever been before?"

I shake my head as if to say no. "You?"

"This is my third time," he answers like it is such a normal thing.

I'm only nineteen and therefore still young, but this angers me somehow.

"Listen, you want to grab a drink?" Avery asks, unaware I am not of legal age.