Chapter 6

I started to act reckless just to spite my family. I kept my own stash of Faygo and cat nip hidden away. It had been a few months since then and I got really close to Kurloz. We never grew tired of each other's company. I loved to spend time with him. I must have drunk at least a hundred bottles of Faygo as well as smoked 50 joints in those 5 months. It was always exciting; to feel that aura with Kurloz. His eyes grew purple for longer and more frequently and yet I was naive and never saw it. I'm almost positive that Kurloz caught my eyes doing the same. He never said anything.

"Urgh..." I groaned into his chest. "What's the matter?" He asked me. It was really early and I had snuck out to see him. We went to the park and he was laying on the ground, back against a tree. I sat in his lap and pressed my face into his chest, my hands around his shoulders. "I don't wanna go..." I complained. "To the sermon? I thought you loved those." He questioned as he ran his hand through my hair. I nodded, purring softly. "They chastise me because of my quadrants. It's no longer a positive experience." I explained, looking up at him. "I'm sorry." He said. "And to make it worse, if I don't go, I have to be locked in my house and don't get to go anywhere." I sighed. "I'd say you could go with me to my church but...." I got an idea. "Can I?" I asked looking at him seriously. "What?" "Can I go with you?" I asked him again.
"That's not a good idea."
"Please?"
"No. Your mom will kill me."
"Then she doesn't have to know."
"Meulin..."
"Just this once. Pretty please?"
"Fine. This once. I can't have you start worshiping the messiahs. It's not a good idea." I squealed a yay and hugged him. "Thank mew!!" I told him. He chuckled. "Alright! Awesome!" I said enthusiastically.

"I thought you didn't like my religion." Kurloz pointed out. That was right. At the beginning, I didn't. But I had changed greatly since then. I wasn't the same troll anymore. "I've changed since then." I countered. "Alright then. I hope it's a good change." He responded as he kissed me. I smiled into the kiss. "Can I redo your face paint?" I asked giggling. "Sure thing Meuz." He told me.

We stopped by my hive and I brought him in. "You aren't supposed to have him inside when no adult is here." Karkat pointed out from where he was sitting. "I don't really care, Karkat." I said with a smile. "Fine. But if I hear pailing, I'm telling." He said simply. My eyes widened. "Karkat Vantas, we don't do that!" I screeched, embarrassed. I blushed a dark olive color. "Well! You've been matesprits for almost six months. I would've assumed that you two would've needed a bucket by now." He responded. I blushed darker. "Shut up!!" I screeched again as I yanked Kurloz up the stairs and into my room.

"I am SO sorry about him..." I apologized embarrassedly. "That's a Vantas for you." He shrugged. I giggled and went to my closet. "What kind of clothes do I need?" I asked. "Dark clothing. A nice black dress perhaps?" I pulled out a simple black dress that reached my knees. It wasn't too fancy but it wasn't casual. "This?" He nodded. "Looks good."

I went into the bathroom and changed. I came back out and showed him. "It's beautiful on you." He admired as he kissed my cheek. I smiled and giggled. "Now, let's go back to my hive and get the face paint." He suggested. We left my hive and when we arrived at his house, we ran into the Grand Highblood and Gamzee. "KuRlOz, HuRrY uP!" His father scolded as we walked in. "WhO's ThIs?" Kurloz introduced me to his father. "I'm Meulin Leijon, sir. It's nice to meet you. I'm Kurloz's matesprit." He nodded. "NiCe To MeEt YoU. yOu CoMiNg WiTh Us?" He asked. I nodded. "Yes sir I am." "NiCe To KnOw!" He responded.

Kurloz led me up to his room and wiped away the old face paint. I got a good look at his face without the makeup. He really was handsome. He got the paints out. "You know the pattern?" Kurloz questioned. "Of course!" I responded determinedly. I pulled out the white paint and did the majority of his face. Then I took the gray and did the rest. It wasn't perfect but it looked good. "Well?" I asked as he looked in the mirror. "Pretty good Meuz." He praised. I giggled and took his seat. "Your turn." He told me as he opened the paint again. I closed my eyes and let him create a design for me.