Chapter 5

I quickly rushed to Kurloz's hive. I barely remembered the path since I had only been there once and I was high as heck when I was. I knocked on the door and a younger troll answered the door. "HeLlO?" Gamzee asked, taking a sip of his faygo. "Is Kurloz here?" I asked. "Ah.... YoU mUsT bE tHaT mAtEsPrIt ThAt He AlWaYs TaLkS aBoUt!" Gamzee declared. I nodded. "Yeah I am!" I giggled. "RiGhT tHiS wAy CaTsIs." He showed me to Kurloz's room. Their hive was huge! Kurloz was applying his face paint.

"BrO, yOuR gIrL iS hErE tO sEe YoU." Gamzee said. Kurloz looked over. "Meulin? Why are you here?" He asked. Oh gog, I missed him. "Kurloz! They finally let me see mew!" I said excitedly as I scampered over to him and kissed his non painted cheek. "I wIlL lEaVe YoU tWo aLoNe sO tHe MiRiCaLeS cAn HaPpEn." Gamzee said as he headed back to his room. I giggled. "He's funny, you know." I told Kurloz. He nodded as he resumed applying his face paint. "Yeah. He give you a nickname yet?" "Yeah. Catsis." Kurloz chuckled at my response. "He likes you then." I giggled and hugged him as he finished up his face paint.

"I missed you..." I said into his back. "I missed you too, Meuz..." He said as he turned to face me. I looked up at him. "I'm sorry about my family..." I apologized. He brushed a strand of my hair back behind my ear and leaned in to kiss me. I leaned up on the tips of my toes and kissed him back. He smiled at me as we pulled away. "It's fine...." He shushed me. I smiled at him and wiped off the little bit of black lipstick that had gotten on him. "I love you..." I told him. He picked me up so I could reach him without leaning on my tippy toes. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. Very cat like. I smiled and kissed him again. "I love you too, Meulin." He said back right before he kissed me back.

I spent the day with him. We hung out in his room, playing games and talking. Gamzee brought us Faygo and we drank that with him. "Faygo?" I asked them curiously. "Of CoUrSe CaTsIs. PuRe MiRaClEs." Gamzee responded as he opened his. I looked at Kurloz for further explanation. "It's a soft drink. Mixed with his pies, it makes him high. Don't worry." "Wasn't worrying." I said in response as I opened the bottle an took a sip. It was extremely sugary and caffeinated. "WeLl?" Gamzee asked. Kurloz looked to see what I'd say. "It's good!" I exclaimed. They grinned and sipped theirs. The room was filled with a strange essence. It was exciting; almost like it was urging me to be reckless.

Kurloz and I drank a whole pack by the night. We finished the night with our usual joint of cat nip. We smoked them as we walked. "Oh! I have something for you." He remembered. I turned around and took a drag of the joint, flicking ashes off the end of it. He pulled out a box and opened it to reveal a silver Capricorn sign on a chain necklace. It sparkled. "It's beautiful..." I observed. He put it on me and it rested on my chest. "Kurloz, thank you... It's so pretty!" I told him. I kissed him for it and he kissed back. I giggled, starting to feel the effects of the cat nip.

"Let's hurry and get you home. Before we both end up higher than Gamzee." Kurloz said smiling. I nodded and took his hand. We walked and giggled to each other. When we finished our joints, we threw them in an ash tray before getting to my house. He stopped me on my porch. "Goodnight, Muelin..." He told me. I giggled and hugged him. "Goodnight Kurloz!" He picked me up and I wrapped my legs and arms around him again. I leaned in and kissed him. He kissed back and pressed me up against the porch banister.

I made a strange mewing sound that I hadn't ever made before. Kurloz chuckled when he heard it and I embarrassingly looked down. "That was a cute sound, Muez~" He taunted. I blushed. "Shut up...!" I said, playfully smacking him. He chuckled and kissed me again. I kissed back, in a slightly high euphoria. I pressed myself closer to him, indicating him to deepen the kiss. He complied and wrapped his arms around my waist as he did. The window's curtains were pushes back and Karkat, Nepeta and Kankri watched us. We didn't see or hear them. Nor did we hear when the front door opened. The Signless stood there patiently waiting for us to notice him.

I made the sound again and Kurloz took advantage of my open mouth to slide his tongue across my lips, deepening the kiss into a full out makeout session. I let him tease my tongue into a dance. I made the sound again and danced with his tongue. After a few moments, my thoughts cleared and I realized what that would eventually lead to. I pulled away for breath and looked at him. "N-not right now... Later, okay?" I said with a cheeky grin on my face. He nodded and grinned back. "Alright." Then the Signless coughed to get our attention.

Our eyes widened as we turned to look at him. "Meulin... Time t9 c9me inside, d9n't y9u think?" He said, not mentioning the kiss. He did look at Kurloz with the nastiest look though. I nodded and hopped down from the banister. "I'll see you later, okay?" I told Kurloz with a smile. He smiled back and planted a kiss on my cheek in response to the Signless's glare. "Alright, Meuz. I'll talk to you later." He said as he waited for me to go in. I scampered inside happily, making sure my Capricorn necklace was in full sight. And I made sure EVERYONE in the house saw it.

Kurloz left and I smiled as the Signless gave me a questionable look for my necklace. Nepeta walked to me with the Vantas brothers. "Well then," Karkat stated, "That was quite a show you put on out there. Are you trying to get them pissed at you?" I just smiled and looked at my necklace. I don't care. "Y9u really sh9uldn't d9 s9mething like that in public much less at all, Meulin." Kankri scolded. Not allowed? Good, I'll do it anyway. "I ship it..." Nepeta whispered to me and I gave her a supporting smile back. "And why d9 y9u smell like sm9ke?" Kankri asked. "No reason." I said, remembering the cat nip. "Y9u d9n't sm9ke d9 y9u? 6ecause if y9u d9, Meulin Leij9n I swear.... N9t even Jegus will 6e a6le t9 help y9u." Kankri started to lecture. "Shush. Nothing happened, Vantas." Nothing you can prove. "Anyway, I'd better get upstairs." I said giggling as I turned away from them.

I went upstairs and all I heard was, "She's spiraling out of control." From the Signless to my mother. No, I wasn't. If they wanted out of control, I could show them out of control.

I logged into my Trollian. A message from Kurloz.

--taciturnCardinal [TC] started pestering auscultateCourtier [AC] at 8:42--

TC: Hey. I made it home.

AC: Good. I've been showing off your necklace.

TC: Don't get in trouble.

AC: I won't don't worry :3

TC: Alright. Night meuz

AC: good night Kurloz!!!

--taciturnCardinal [TC] stopped pestering auscultateCourtier [AC] at 8:46--

I loved the energy around Kurloz and I. It was exciting and I truly loved it. Kurloz introduced me to many exciting things and I was open to a whole lot more. He'd continue to teach me. The good, and the bad.