Winter Break had arrived.

Winter Break had arrived. I took advantage of the new wake ups. No more seven am buzzing and no more ‘early to bed, early to rise’.

I slept when sleep came and I woke when the afternoon sun was too bright for me to bear.

          One morning, my phone began humming against the bedside table, disturbing my session of snooze,

“What are you doing?”

“I don’t know; what are you doing?” I asked, completely unsure of who I was even speaking to.

“What do you mean, you don’t know? We’re standing outside, Vinnie. Open the door.”

“Nat?” I recognised, “Who’s we?” Before I got an answer, he’d cut the phone and banging on the door was suddenly much clearer – and much louder.

          I leapt out of bed, shirtless and all, and came downstairs to open the door. I noticed it wasn’t Jon or Chris beside Nat. It wasn’t a boy at all.

It was Bee.

          “Wait a second.” I ran upstairs to change, making a mental note to have a shower as soon as possible, when I had the chance.

“Hey, Vincent – I haven’t seen you in so long.”

“Actually, it’s Vinnie now.” She giggled, waving a strand of dark hair out of her face, and exposing her full beauty.

          Phoebe had always been beautiful, well for as long as I’d known her. She wasn’t cute, and she wasn’t pretty. Phoebe was almost perfect.

Her hair was always down and straight, with different, multicoloured headbands to remove the hair from her big, brown eyes.

Today it was bright pink to match her body warmer and it had a little bow on the left hand side.

She could’ve been a model if she wanted to; she wasn’t so skinny that she looked hungry, but she wasn’t large at all either. Everything about her was just right in the middle, she wasn’t too much of anything, or too little, and nothing was too much for her.

Sometimes I wondered if she was an angel, and not just ‘line-wise’. It was something I’d sit down to think about and wonder how a girl so amazing could...

“Sorry we’re late, Bee decided to take an extra hour on her hair.” Bee only laughed and shrugged at Nat’s frustration.

“My bad, honey.” She kissed his cheek. He sighed, and looked at her, dropping his case and smiling. It wasn’t the first time they’d argued over something silly. He was always angry at her for one reason or another, but she was so good-natured, she never took it to heart. Bee took it as a compliment – naturally. He’d yell, and shout till kingdom come, and she’d replied back, with a voice so soft.

          Bee took a lot more than she should have from Nat. Sometimes I wondered...