Chapter 10

A Week Later - Tsubaki's POV

The doctor looks at my eyes again and nods. "You should be able to use your Byakugan again with out any pain or trouble." The doctor says to me.

I nod in thanks and I hold onto Hina's hand as she sleeps. "Why hasn't she woken up yet?" I ask him.

"It takes time to heal." The doctor reassures me and he leaves the room.

Kurenai walks in and sits across from me. "Tsubaki, go home and take a long bath, eat something healthy, drink some tea and get some much needed rest. I'll let you know immediately if something happens with Hinata." Kurenai says to me.

I frown. "I don't want to leave my sister." I whisper.

"I know, but you have to be healthy too." Kurenai says to me. "And you only have 3 weeks left to train and get ready for the final exam." Kurenai adds.

I sigh. "Please tell me immediately if anything happens with Hina." I say to her and she nods.

"I promise I will." Kurenai says to me.

I nod and I go home, staring at the ground.

"Tsu-"

"Don't, she doesn't look like she wants to talk to anyone."

I look up to see the twins and I walk over to them.

"Are you on your way home for the first time in a week, Tsubaki?" Hiroko asks me.

I nod. "Kurenai wouldn't let me stay." I say to him.

"Well you do need to bathe and eat at some point. And considering your going to the finals as well, you have to train." Hiroto says to me.

"That's what Kurenai said." I say and the twins nod.

"Will you be ok by yourself?" Hiroko asks me.

"Honestly?" I ask them and they nod. "I just want my sister to wake up." I say to them.

"She still hasn't?" Hiroto asks me surprised.

"The doctor said it takes time to heal." I say to them as my eyes fall to the ground again. "I'm really worried about her, she's always been the fragile twin." I whisper.

"Well, we'll walk you the rest of the way home, and then you do what you gotta do." Hiroto says to me and I look up to see grin on his face.

I nod and the two walk home as they try to talk to me, but I don't really feel like talking.

They take me to my door and they grin at me and I nod.

I go inside to hear the sounds of verbal fighting and I listen to here Sensei and Father arguing about me.

I open the training room door quietly and I look at them.

"Tsubaki is a lot more than what you think she is, she's a caring student, she's incredibly strong both emotionally and physically, she isn't a burden to my team at all." Sensei growls.

"She was learning medical nin-jutsu correct? She could have learned faster so she could have healed her own sister." Father says to him.

"Everyone learns at their own pace, and we happened to get busy with missions." Sensei defends me.

"She shouldn't be a ninja if she doesn't take her training seriously." Father says to him. "Neither should you or the rest of your team." Father adds.

"My students all worked hard to get where they are. Tsubaki has worked the hardest. She went through the entire second exam with hurting eyes, because she trained herself too hard the night before, she hasn't given up on these exams or her sister." Sensei says to him, a little bit more than annoyed.